The Italian will partner Jorge Martin , who has a pre-existing contract to remain at Pramac.
Pramac team boss Paolo Campinoti commented: “I am very happy that Franco is joining our family for 2024. I have a very good relationship with him, who has proved to be a champion on many occasions.
“I am sure that in our team he will find the right conditions to come back and fight for the positions he deserves.”
Morbidelli, the 2017 Moto2 champion, had been linked with a move to the Ducati camp for some time as it became increasingly clear he would not retain his Yamaha ride, which eventually went to Alex Rins .
Initially it was thought the 28-year-old could join the VR46 team owing to his long-standing links with Rossi, but Marco Bezzecchi 's reluctance to leave the squad meant that the opportunity came up for Morbidelli to join Pramac.
Johann Zarco, Pramac Racing
Photo by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images
Bezzecchi was announced to be staying with VR46 late last month, with confirmation that Luca Marini would remain as his team-mate following soon after.
Ducati general manager Gigi Dall'Igna said: “It is a pleasure for us to welcome Franco into our factory-supported Pramac Racing team for the coming season, riding an official Desmosedici GP.
“Franco is a very talented and experienced rider, and on more than one occasion he has proven to be strong and fast: it’s no coincidence that in 2020 he was runner-up in MotoGP, winning three GPs.
“We are convinced that, together with the Pramac Racing team and thanks to our support, he will be able to show his full potential. We look forward to this exciting new adventure together.”
Pramac's announcement leaves only Gresini of the three satellite Ducati teams left to announce its rider line-up for 2024, with the team thought to be Marc Marquez 's main alternative in the event the Spaniard opts to leave Honda.
- Bagnaia: Morbidelli deserves factory Ducati MotoGP bike in 2024
- MotoGP Japanese GP: Binder tops FP2, Marquez and Quartararo crash
- MotoGP Indian GP: Marini tops Friday, factory Honda pair make Q2
- MotoGP Bharat Race Results: Bezzecchi Reigns Supreme at Inaugural Indian GP
- MotoGP Japanese GP: Martin smashes lap record for pole
- MotoGP Indian GP: Bezzecchi leads Ducati 1-2-3-4 in qualifying
- MotoGP Indian GP: Bezzecchi dominates as Bagnaia crash blows title fight open
- Quartararo: Yamaha’s MotoGP form will be worse if rider, team “not aligned”
- MotoGP Bharat: A Grand Stand for Yamaha
- Yamaha has two more 2024 MotoGP engines in pipeline after lukewarm first test
- Ducati's Pecco Bagnaia dominates as Cathedral of Speed lives up to billing
- Pecco Bagnaia closes gap on world champion Fabio Quartararo as Ducati seal Constructors' Championship in Aragon
- MotoGP India: Capirossi Approves Modified Track at Buddh International Circuit
- MotoGP rider Aleix Espargaro throws away podium finish after miscounting number of laps
- MotoGP India Schedule: All Details Here
- 10 things we learned from the 2023 MotoGP Indian Grand Prix
- MotoGP Austrian GP: Bagnaia wins sprint race, Martin causes chaos
- MotoGP Indian GP: Bezzecchi tops FP1 from Marc Marquez
Morbidelli secures Pramac Ducati seat for MotoGP 2024 after Yamaha split have 529 words, post on www.motorsport.com at September 18, 2023. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.