Toyota had a few very interesting vehicles displayed at last weekend's Fuji 24 Hours in Japan. In addition to the 2024 Crown Sedan (see the related links below), the firm also had a concept vehicle based on the Mirai at its boot. There's no official press release to support the debut of the Mirai Sport Concept but a new video catches the vehicle during the event.
With no official announcement coming from Toyota , we don't have all the details but we know a lot about the concept car nevertheless. For starters, it is based on the second-generation Mirai which morphed into a traditional and sleek-looking sedan after its full redesign some three years ago. The hydrogen concept vehicle doesn't look like a full-blown Gazoo Racing product but there are noticeable exterior tweaks that differentiate it from the standard Mirai.
Gallery: 2021 Toyota Mirai Review
Those styling mods include a sportier and de-chromed front bumper with a new arrangement of the grilles. There's an aggressive-looking lower grille in a gloss black finish and a more subtle upper grille. At the back, the bumper receives some sort of a diffuser and a small spoiler. Last but not least, the entire exterior is finished in matte grey color sourced from the Toyota GR Corolla.
As far as we understand it, the concept rides on 21-inch alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport S 245/40R21 tires. The hydrogen sedan sits on a 0.8-inch (20-millimeter) lower suspension, which in combination with the 21-inch rims, gives the vehicle a sportier stance.
Awesome Toyota Toys:
That more aggressive appearance is reportedly not matched with an increased output. The stock Mirai has a hydrogen fuel cell powertrain with a peak output of 182 horsepower (136 kilowatts) and 220 pound-feet (300 Newton-maters) of torque. The FCEV can travel up to 402 miles (647 kilometers) without refueling. Toyota doesn’t say anything about its plans for the Mirai Sport Concept but we believe it won’t reach production.
Note: Standard 2021 Toyota Mirai pictured in the gallery above.
Source: LOVECARS!TV! on YouTube
- Hydrogen vehicles to ‘evolve in the future’ as investment continues into UK transport
- Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Volkswagen Atlas Tanoak Concept Could Preview a New Pickup | Digital Trends
- Toyota Rolls Out Hydrogen Semi Ahead Of Tesla's Electric Truck
- Toyota To Turn Cow Manure Into Hydrogen To Back Its Fuel Cell Vehicle Push
- Toyota won't commit to EVs, debuts hydrogen-burning engine
- Toyota Corolla with hydrogen-fuelled combustion engine sounds good
- Toyota GR Yaris prototype gets hydrogen-fuelled combustion engine
- Toyota’s hydrogen combustion plans ‘not feasible’ says Honda CEO
- Toyota Prius with hydrogen-fuelled combustion engine coming in 2025
- 690-bhp Hyundai sports car previews brand's future fuel cell strategy
- Genesis Essentia Concept Debuts at 2018 New York Auto Show | Digital Trends
- 2020 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Offers Big Car Tech in a Small Package | Digital Trends
- 2020 Mercedes-AMG A35 300-hp Sport Sedan Is Smart, Stylish, and Quick | Digital Trends
- This Is The 2023 Toyota Sequoia
- 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid First Drive: Luxury Hybrid Truck | Digital Trends
- Toyota Sales Decline In January 2022: Fortuner, Innova Crysta Sales Remain Consistent
- Toyota Harrier review: Practical, spacious & affordable indulgence
Toyota Mirai Sport Concept Is A Hydrogen-Powered Performance Sedan have 546 words, post on www.motor1.com at May 30, 2023. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.