Lexus officially starts the countdown until the debut of the new generation GX. The Japanese firm releases a new teaser image of the SUV and confirms it will be unveiled on June 8 in Austin, Texas.
This new preview of the rugged model shows us its rear end and a large portion of its side profile. We can see obvious similarities with the latest Toyota Land Cruiser , though there are also some noticeable differences between the two. For starters, the taillights are connected by a LED strip that spans the entire width of the rear hatch. The side profile has what appear to be straighter lines, especially around the area surrounding the rear fenders. Last but not least, we can also see taller and narrower side mirrors compared to the Land Cruiser.
Gallery: Lexus GX Teasers
Speaking of Toyota 's off-roader, the two vehicles should probably have a lot in common. We know for certain the body-on-frame platform will be shared between the two SUVs and previously, the GX and Land Cruiser have had similar powertrain options and similar styling. Nothing is official at this point but a report from 2021 claimed the new GX will receive a family of electrified engines for improved efficiency and even more low-end torque.
We haven't had the chance to see the 2024 GX testing on public roads but we published two renderings earlier this month (see the related links below) showing an unofficial preview of the model's exterior. Comparing the digital drawings with this new teaser image, it looks like there are some minor differences at the back but overall, we have a pretty good idea of what the new GX will look like.
Lexus GX Teased And Rendered:
As a final note, we'd like to remind you that the GX won't be the only new Lexus to debut on June 8. The automaker has already announced the all-new TX three-row family hauler will also make its first official appearance on that date . Just three days before that, Lexus will also unveil the LBX as a posher version of the Toyota Yaris Cross.
- Lexus RZ Teased Again Before April 20 Debut
- All-electric Lexus RZ To Make Global Debut On April 20
- Lexus RZ Electric SUV Teased Ahead Of Debut
- Lexus Teaser Image Hints At New LC Possibly In Development
- Lexus Teases New EV That Comes With A Goddamn Yoke
- All-Electric Lexus RZ SUV Revealed
- Adam Kinzinger: I Would 'Love' to Run Against Trump in 2024
- Aamir Khan Drops Another Video Teasing Fans About His 'Kahaani'!
- Apple’s WWDC22 kicks off June 6th as an online event
- Sarah Palin open to being Donald Trump's running mate in 2024
- Carlos Sainz Extends Ferrari Contract Until 2024 | Formula 1 News
- Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho hints at delaying Gareth Bale's second debut
- Sleater-Kinney announce Dig Me Out covers album
- June Brown’s on-screen son John Altman recalls how late EastEnders icon saved his daughter’s life: ‘I’ll always feel indebted to her’
- Ben Simmons Reportedly Eyeing Nets Debut In Game 4 Vs. Celtics
- Lexus RZ Electric SUV Teased With Full Debut Set For April 20
- Omega Seiki Mobility & Log9 To Deploy 10,000 EVs By 2024
- Lexus TX, Toyota Grand Highlander Arriving To US In 2023: Report
2024 Lexus GX Teased Again, June 8 Debut Announced have 552 words, post on www.motor1.com at May 25, 2023. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.