Fernando Alonso set the fastest time in second practice of the Australian Grand Prix before rain hit the Melbourne circuit.
With rain forecast, there was an unusual start to FP2 as all the teams took to the track early on the slicks, hoping to set a representative time for Sunday's race.
They got limited running in though with some spots of drizzle soon descending onto Albert Park which saw the drivers head back into the grid.
There was a bit of mix and match soon after with the Ferrari drivers remerging on the softs while George Russell opted for the intermediates but soon all the drivers had swapped to the green-rimmed tyre.
That meant Alonso's time would stay quickest with Charles Leclerc 0.445 seconds behind. FP1 leader Max Verstappen finished third ahead of Russell and Carlos Sainz.
Logan Sargeant had issues that kept him in the garage while hometown favourite Oscar Piastri finished P14.
FP2 Australian Grand Prix results
1 Fernando ALONSO Aston Martin 1:18.887 Ferrari +0.445 Red Bull Racing +0.615 Mercedes +0.785 Ferrari +0.808 Alpine +0.838 Red Bull Racing +1.196 McLaren +1.289 Haas F1 Team +1.307 Alpine +1.319 AlphaTauri +1.333 Alfa Romeo +1.425 Mercedes +1.436 McLaren +1.493 Alfa Romeo +1.583 Aston Martin +1.692 AlphaTauri +1.713 Williams +2.295 Haas F1 Team +2.379 Williams No time
- 2018 Australian Grand Prix practice in pictures · RaceFans
- F1 issue new statement on Russian Grand Prix as contract torn up over Ukraine war
- F1 fans warned against requesting Russian Grand Prix refund with U-turn tipped
- Lando Norris an ‘idiot’ who broke ‘rule number one’ in US Grand Prix practice
- 2015 Australian Grand Prix Friday practice analysis - F1 Fanatic
- McLaren withdraw from the Australian Grand Prix
- Start shots: Australian Grand Prix · RaceFans
- Red Bull call for ‘consistency’ in wake of F1’s investigation into Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- F1 praised for cancelling Russian Grand Prix while FIFA torn apart for 'shameful response'
- Qatar Grand Prix added to 2021 F1 schedule
- The United States Grand Prix Really Was That Packed
- British Grand Prix: Brendon Hartley crash triggers safety checks for Toro Rosso but Pierre Gasly will compete in qualifying
- F1 veteran hints what he will push for in new role to avoid Abu Dhabi Grand Prix repeat
- Grand Prix boss says F1 won’t have visa drama seen with Novak Djokovic at Australian Open
- Nikita Mazepin under threat of second F1 race ban after British Grand Prix outlaw licence
- Italian Grand Prix LIVE: F1 result as Ricciardo wins after Hamilton and Verstappen crash out
- Nikita Mazepin banned from British Grand Prix as UK oppose FIA call to let Russian race
- Monaco Grand Prix for as little as £1,149 per person including flights, hotel and best prices for race tickets
F1 2023 results: FP2 timings from Australian Grand Prix practice have 416 words, post on www.planetf1.com at March 31, 2023. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.