While the #36 car retains the same distinctive orange-and-white colour scheme that have been used in previous years by sponsor au, the #37 car features a black-and-lime green design in deference to new backer Deloitte, in a radical departure from the car’s previous look.
Financial services company Deloitte was announced as the new title sponsor for the second TOM’S car last year when Toyota took the wraps off of its 2023 SUPER GT roster, replacing KeePer in the role.
Telecoms brand au continues as the main sponsor for the lead #36 machine, which is driven this year by Sho Tsuboi and Ritomo Miyata.
Giuliano Alesi, who partnered Tsuboi last year, moves over to the #37 car to join Toyota newcomer Ukyo Sasahara.
The #36 TOM’S team continues with Daisuke Ito as its team manager and Satoshi Yoshitake as the race engineer, while the #37 squad will be helmed by Jun Yamada with Kenta Odachi being kept on as chief engineer. As per last season, both cars use Bridgestone tyres.
TOM’S is scheduled to take part in this week’s two-day makers’ test at Okayama, which begins on Wednesday, although it is unclear whether its two GR Supras will be sporting their new colours or not.
Elsewhere in the Toyota stable, Rookie Racing looks set to skip the Okayama test following Kenta Yamashita’s major crash at 130R in last month’s opening manufacturer test at Suzuka.
Yamashita had to be taken to hospital as a result of the accident, but was released the following day.
The team’s next scheduled test appearance is at Suzuka on March 2-3.
- REVEALED: And the WINNER of 'Super Dancer Chapter 3' is..
- England beats New Zealand in Super Over finale to T20 series
- World Cup final deja vu: England pip New Zealand in super over thriller to win T20I series
- Destiny 2 classes and subclasses - how to unlock all Titan, Hunter, and Warlock subclasses, plus new skills and supers explained
- New ‘You Must Remember This’ Season Explores History of Racist Disney Cartoon
- 'Super Dragon Ball Heroes' Reveals the Power of SSJ Great Ape
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 28: How to Watch, What Time and What Channel
- Dragon Ball Reveals Throwback Sketch by One-Punch Man's Yusuke Murata
- Retro-Styled Ford Mustang GT Powers Up For SEMA With 700 HP
- Skoda Kamiq GT Revealed To Spice Up China's Small Crossover Segment
- Tom Brady Posts Video On Instagram Of Himself Throwing A Strike To Julian Edelman
- NFL reveals top teams, Nos. 31-100
- Mzansi Super League XI: De Kock and Olivier light up inaugural season
- Tom Brady Still Not Over Super Bowl LII Loss To Eagles
- Tom Burgess admits he would love to play rugby league in America again
- 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 review
- 'I'm so excited I'll run down the aisle': Eugenie reveals it was 'love at first sight' with her groom-to-be – and she'd told her mother about him within hours of their first meeting
- IPL Highlights, MI vs CSK: All-Round Mumbai Indians Beat Chennai Super Kings By 37 Runs
TOM'S reveals striking new liveries for 2023 SUPER GT season have 490 words, post on www.motorsport.com at February 7, 2023. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.