Listen to this article
BMW has a brand-new M2, and you’ll be able to upgrade it once it’s on sale. The automaker is showing off the coupe with M Performance parts installed to the public for the first time at this year’s Essen Motor Show in Germany.
On the outside, the M2 is available with carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic attachments. The upgrades for the front and side skirts have “a positive effect” on the coupe’s aerodynamics. Other M Performance goodies include a rear spoiler and a rear diffuser. Also available is a titanium exhaust that saves 17.6 pounds (8 kilograms) and tweaks the engine’s exhaust note.
Gallery: 2023 BMW M2 With M Performance Parts
Inside, BMW offers the M2 with a carbon and Alcantara interior, an Alcantara armrest, and Alcantara knee pads. The cabin also features the automaker’s Curved Display, which BMW packed with M-specific controls, displays, and configurations, with M Setup allowing drivers to tailor their driving experience to their liking.
The new M2 debuted in October . Under the hood is BMW’s S58 twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six engine. It produces 453 horsepower (333 kilowatts) and 406 pound-feet (550 Newton-meters) of torque. A six-speed manual gearbox is the standard US transmission, but BMW offers its eight-speed auto gearbox as an upgrade.
Learn More About The New M2:
The manual-equipped M2 needs just 4.1 seconds to sprint to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour), which drops to 3.9 seconds with the automatic. The M2 has a 155-mph (250-kph) top speed, while the M Driver’s Package can increase that to 177 mph (284 kph).
The 2023 BMW m2 will go on sale in the US in April of next year. It will start at $63,194 (all prices include the $995 destination charge), and the automaker will offer a selection of M Performance parts. The most expensive M3 can reach over $77,000.
The Essen Motor Show kicks off on December 3. The M2 with M Performance parts won’t be alone in BMW’s display, with the automaker also showcasing the M3 Touring wagon, the M240i Coupe, and the electric i4 M50.
- New BMW M2 Already Tuned To 560 HP By Manhart
- I drove the new BMW i7 – it’s a £100k luxury saloon with Swarovski crystal headlights and a 31in cinema in the back
- The BMW M2 Sounds More Brutal With M Performance Exhaust
- BMW M2 coupe gets 453bhp and rear-wheel drive
- 2023 BMW M2 With M Performance Parts Fully Revealed And It's A Lot To Take In
- New BMW i5 Spy Shots Capture Electric Sedan Testing At Nurburgring
- Launching Tomorrow: All-New BMW 5 Series
- Electric Cadillac Celestiq Shown in New Detail Ahead of Official Debut
- Next-gen BMW 5-Series to debut at 2017 Detroit Auto Show
- Harley-Davidson shows off devilish new Low Rider El Diablo
- BMW bets on hydrogen-powered over electric vehicles
- They Hear Your Complaints, but BMW Is Still Embracing Its Electric Future
- BMW Debuts 2023 R1250 R With More Standard Features, Same Price As Last Year
- BMW M3 Touring By Manhart Is A 650-HP+ Wagon For Fast Dads
- Survey reveals the car drivers most likely to use Viagra – is your motor at the top of the list?
- BMW still isn't totally convinced by battery electric
- More than 1000km of range 'unnecessary': BMW
- BMW M unleashes two new motorbikes
New BMW M2 With M Performance Parts Debuts At Essen Motor Show have 548 words, post on www.motor1.com at December 1, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.