Listen to this article
Danish sports car manufacturer Zenvo Automotive made the headlines a few years ago with the wild active wing of its TSR-S that behaved like a contortionist. The new TSR-GT adopts a fixed rear wing and acts as the swan song for the TS lineup while serving as a low-drag, high-speed derivative. Changes to the body make the hypercar as slippery as possible to unlock a higher top speed compared to previous TS-based derivatives.
Aside from aero enhancements – which include a longer rear wing and an aero wheel disc cover – the TSR-GT also uses a far more powerful engine. The twin-supercharged (yes, twin) V8 has a 5.8-liter displacement and produces a colossal 1,360 horsepower. Compatible with E85 fuel, the flat-plane engine generates an extra 183 hp compared to the output available in the standard TSR-S.
2023 Zenvo TSR-GT
Courtesy of a longer final drive of the in-house helical-cut dog-engagement transmission, it can reach an electronically governed top speed of 263 mph (424 km/h). As a refresher, the TSR-S, which was geared toward track use, maxed out at “only” 202 mph (325 km/h).
As its name implies, the TSR-GT is more of a grand tourer, which is why the bare carbon fiber interior of the TSR-S has made way for a fancier cabin with different types of leather. Zenvo has also created new velour floor mats (with a leather edge) it says lower the noise that goes inside.
Only three hand-built cars will see the light of day and all of them have already been sold for an unspecified price tag. The GT follows the original track-only TSR from 2016 and the subsequent TS1 GT and TSR-S hypercars. The latter will remain in production for the time being.
An all-new model is scheduled for a market launch in the third quarter of 2023. Zenvo says it will utilize a V12 with twin electric turbochargers to develop 1,200 hp, plus an electric motor to take the combined output to 1,500 hp or possibly as much as 1,800 hp.
Past Models From Zenvo Automotive:
Source: Zenvo Automotive
- 2021 Bentley Bentayga Speed: Performance Focused Refinement
- Widebody BMW M3 With Supercharged 4.5-liter V8 Packs 709 HP
- See This 730-HP Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S Rip To 60 MPH Like A Hypercar
- Kia Design Boss Hints EV6 GT Will Indirectly Replace The Stinger
- 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS Debuts With 590 HP And Sport Turismo Wagon
- 2022 Alpine A110 Revealed With 300 Horsepower And New Infotainment
- New Dodge Demon teaser dives into tech data, teases 757 hp
- Greek Freak: Chaos Hypercar Revealed With 3,000 HP, $14.4M Price
- 2021 BMW iX3 revealed as rear-wheel-drive electric SUV with 282 bhp
- Ferrari 488 Pista Leaks Out To Reveal Its Aggressive Body
- Porsche just revealed two new Caymans, one for the road and one for the track
- Lexus RX 450h gives consumers the option of hybrid fuel economy
- Kia EV9 Flagship Electric SUV Debuts As Concept: See The Livestream
- 2018 Jaguar F-Type Becomes A Tamer Kitty With New 2.0-Liter Engine
- 2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS Debuts With A 493-Horsepower GT3 Heart
- 2021 Porsche Panamera 4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo: The 100 MPG Supercar
- Hennessey Delivers First Venom F5, Shows New Lausanne Silver Finish
- Hennessey Teases Venom F5 On Video, Scheduled For SEMA Debut
Zenvo TSR-GT Revealed With 1,360 HP And 263 MPH Top Speed have 538 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.