The first-generation Porsche Cayenne turns 20 this year and the Stuttgart-based automaker already marked the anniversary on a number of occasions. The celebrations continue, however, and Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE wanted to take things to the next level with a very special project. The company's division tasked its two importers for the United Arab Emirates to restore and customize a fleet of first-generation Cayennes for off-road use. The ultimate goal was for the SUVs to be ready for this weekend's Icons of Porsche festival.
The best thing about the restomoded vehicles is that they are not just garage queens. The modified Cayennes have already been tested by media representatives in the mountainous desert region of Hatta, near Dubai, and are now being prepared to be displayed at the Icons of Porsche festival. During the event, the eight utilities will also be available for guests to take on off-road routes alongside driving experts.
Gallery: First-gen Porsche Cayenne restomod
"We were tasked with regenerating the first-generation Cayenne to highlight its offroad capabilities through accessorizing and modifying where necessary, as well as utilizing some of the accessories that have recently become available for it from Porsche Classic," Darren Abel, one of Porsche's dealers in the Middle East, comments. "In conjunction with Porsche Centre Dubai, we purchased four E1s each, ranging from 2007 to 2010 examples, and I think both teams have enjoyed modifying them and giving the E1 a new lease of life."
First-Gen Cayenne Love:
The most difficult part of the restoration process was finding vehicles that met Porsche's requirements. Cayennes in good condition and in standard form as much as possible have been sourced from different places and have gone through Porsche Approved verification before being approved for modifications. All vehicles required quite a lot of work, which is to be expected from cars that are now between 17 and 20 years old. Following the complete restoration and off-road modifications, there are already customers willing to buy them.
One of the Cayennes used for the project was bought from a customer who asked Porsche why it wants to buy it. After hearing the plan, they expressed their interest in buying that vehicle back once it is completed. To a certain extent, Porsche says, this project renews the love for the first-generation Cayenne .
- Runescape celebrates its 20th anniversary with a 'Grand Party' and special rewards
- For Final Fantasy 9's 20th anniversary, play it with the beautiful Moguri AI upscale mod
- Runescape 20th anniversary kicks off with the Grand Party event and nostalgic quests
- Famous Porsche Tuner Techart Looks Back On 30 Years Of Passion
- Lamborghini Teases Urus SUV Again, This Time On Video
- Epic Porsche 911 Turbo Generation Drag Race Is A Win For Everyone
- American Pie’s Chris Klein, 41, is unrecognisable as his new role is dad of teens
- 'All I see is more harm than good': The Sopranos star Michael Imperioli praises Australia's gun control laws and says only 'soldiers and policemen' should be armed in America
- 100 Gecs Turn Linkin Park’s ‘One Step Closer’ Into Wild Genre Collage
- Michael Mann Looks Back on His Career, Talks Innovation, Dialogue, and Diversity
- 2019 Lamborghini Urus: Everything We Know
- Rare Alien 3 Video Has David Fincher Creating Gruesome FX Magic
- Bay Area fall dance picks
- You'll never guess what Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen look like now! Former Real Housewives of New York stars resurface six years after they swapped busy Brooklyn for a laid back life in Australia's Byron Bay
- Microsoft Tried To Acquire Nintendo, Square, And Midway Years Ago
- The 10 greatest Lola cars
- RuneScape launched 20 years ago today
- I turned down Bobby Kennedy, says Joan Collins... and Warren Beatty WAS forceful in the feathers! Nothing is off limits as Dame Joan joins her friend PIERS MORGAN for a simply riotous lunch
Original Porsche Cayenne Restomod Celebrates SUV's 20th Anniversary have 656 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.