The Zillow Gone Wild Instagram account is famous for sharing quirky homes for sale around the country. One of the most recent houses featured was located right here in Texas at 5025 Wateka Drive. The nearly 1,500 comments on the Instagram post are largely judgemental, including one commenter who says: “The exterior makes me feel like I'm at the worlds fanciest @dillards.”
The home, listed by Pogir and Lisa Besserer of Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s , is said to be inspired by the 2010 film “Tron: Legacy,” which, like the house, was not well reviewed. But just as there are fans of the “Tron” sequel, there are sure to be fans of this unique home.
The mononymous Pogir, who has a degree in architecture, says he loves the home but admits he is a little on the wild side. He asks house hunters to take another look at the home before rushing to judgment. “When I look at the architecture of it, the way the house flows and feels all together, it’s just an interesting experience,” he says.
The $3,960,000 home’s futuristic vibe begins with its exterior, featuring strong lines and sharp angles. Among its 4,852 square-foot, are three bedrooms and four bathrooms. Even with all that square footage, the first thought one may have when entering the home is its three-car garage. After all, one of the bays is connected visually to the living space through a large window.
This is where the “Tron: Legacy” influence is felt the most with the window’s rounded edges and the use of lighting. This may be the most elegant parking spot with both its Murano crystal chandelier and a black-and-white wall mural of vintage racecars. For future homeowners who may not want to display their Toyota Corolla in the living room, Pogir suggests the bay can be used as a flex space where kids can play and be easily viewed seen
Beyond its glamorous garage, the gas feature fireplace is the showstopper of the living room. The white and black granite stretches to the ceiling and recalls to mind a giant Rorschach test.
The kitchen’s black cabinets create a strong contrast against the white Italian porcelain floors that run throughout the home. Texture is brought into the otherwise sleek kitchen through black studding added to the refrigerator, vent hood and island.
Large doors in the kitchen fully disappear when opened so that the indoor and outdoor spaces flow together. Pogir says that the owners wanted a conversation pit rather than a pool so that guests would gather together to chat.
Still not a fan of “Tron: Legacy”? The cultural influences don’t stop with the movie. The study is a homage to Ferrari Formula 1 racing with a photo mural of a dramatic crash covering an entire wall. The primary bedroom is described as a “futuristic Versace Mansion” while the “speakeasy” or game room has a 1980s ambiance with its turquoise tufted walls and zebra carpet.
“It’s very much a living piece of art,” Pogir says of the home. “It’s a house that really gets your senses.”
- Justice Clarence Thomas: the Supreme Court's influencer
- What to Watch on Disney+: ‘Encanto,’ ‘Boba Fett’ and Thai Soccer Team Cave Rescue Doc
- Shadow of the Colossus, Queer Eye, and More – The Weekend Chill
- to Premiere at Sundance Film Festival 2022
- How China Won the Keys to Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- The hurricane that's 12 months away
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2021
- Ben Hogan, Golf's Iron-Willed Legend, Dies at 84
- A Portrait of Abortion
- Exasperation, Dysfunction & Struggle for Identity: Inside Kamala Harris' Frustrating Start as 'Historic' VP
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Charter Communications - Manchin not ready yet; Meadows texts unveiled
- Before You Crowdfund Your Craft Brewery Startup, Consider This Model Instead
- At Jackson State, the ‘Prime Effect’ Reverberates
- How Swedish Pop Band ABBA Became Global Icon and Why ‘Voyage’ is Historic Even After 50 Years
- Megan Thee Stallion is now a college graduate
- The Abortion I Didn’t Have
- The chip shortage runs deeper than you think - here’s everything you need to know
- The Best Life Insurance Companies
This glitzy Texas home was influenced by Formula 1, 'Tron: Legacy,' Versace have 710 words, post on www.chron.com at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.