Listen to this article
The Ferrari Purosangue debuted in September as the brand’s first crossover. The Prancing Horse is apparently still fine-tuning the machine, though. This video shows one in full camouflage lapping the brand’s Fiorano test track.
After a vehicle debut, some automakers are fine with driving it without camouflage. Other companies leave the covering on. Ferrari is clearly in the latter camp.
Gallery: 2023 Ferrari Purosangue
The driver of this Purosangue is pushing the crossover hard around the track. While we don’t know for sure, we wonder if the company might be tuning the vehicle. The suspension, steering, or various driving modes may still need some tweaks before building the vehicle for customers.
At times, this vehicle is sliding through corners and performing quick downshifts. The driver is also accelerating hard from between the turns.
The Purosangue boasts a naturally aspirated 6.5-liter V12 that makes 715 horsepower (533 kilowatts) at 7,750 rpm and 528 pound-feet (716 Newton-meters) of torque at 8,250 rpm. Eighty percent of the twist is available from 2,100 rpm.
The power runs through an eight-speed dual-clutch gearbox. It has a sophisticated all-wheel-drive powertrain where there’s no power going to the front axle above fourth gear or at over 125 miles per hour (201 kilometers per hour).
This setup lets the Purosangue reach 62 mph (100 kph) in 3.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph (309 kph).
More Details To Know About The Purosangue:
The Purosangue features suicide doors. The ones in the back open as far as 79 degrees so that occupants have an easier time climbing inside. There are two bucket seats in the rear.
In Europe, prices for the Purosangue start at €390,000. We don’t yet have confirmed costs for the US but expect a figure of around $400,000.
Like its other models, Ferrari wants to keep the Purosangue exclusive. Annual production shouldn’t exceed 20 percent of the company’s yearly total. This might even mean closing the order books for the first year despite still having plenty of folks who would buy one.
Source: Varryx via YouTube
- Ferrari 166 MM Touring Barchetta
- Ferrari director reveals troubles
- Rare sight: Woods playing out the string in major
- With history in sight, Park keeps her cool
- Juventus thrashes struggling Novara
- Muamba sets sights on Euro glory
- Man United sets sights on Ashley Young
- Chelsea sets sights on Porto star Hulk
- Gunners set sights on Giroud
- All-star cars: A peek inside Kobe Bryant’s garage
- Bolt gets behind wheel at F1 facility
- Report: Bynum cited for going 110 mph
- F1 Indian GP goes off without hitch – sort of
- Vettel wins Japanese GP, nears lead
- At German GP, it’s all about tires
- Manny Pacquiao sings on “Jimmy Kimmel Live”
- Vettel takes points lead with GP win
- Ranieri eyeing Lazio scalp
Ferrari Purosangue V12 SUV Thrashed Around Fiorano Is A Sight To See have 469 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.