The BMW XM debuted late last month, becoming the second M-specific model ever launched. It's a big departure from the 1978 BMW M1, with a new video from the rsDrive YouTube channel providing a quick walkaround that highlights the SUV's bold styling features.
Like other recent BMW models, the XM adopts a split-headlight design. The BMW X7 and 7 Series feature the same styling element, separating the functional headlight units from the design-oriented daytime running lights. This gives designers more freedom in sculpting unique-looking front fascias .
Gallery: 2023 BMW XM
The gold accents around the grille stand out against the black, with the gold XM badge drawing attention. BMW didn't give the SUV a prominent kidney grille, with a large lower opening occupying the bumper. Gold trim wraps around the top of the daylight opening, connecting with a bold gold accent that runs down its sides, extending into the fenders and encompassing the badges.
At the rear, the video shows off the SUV's taillights, which protrude from the back of the vehicle. The hatch lacks a BMW roundel, instead wearing an off-center model badge. The busy diffuser, with gold accents, houses the stacked quad exhaust pipes.
Catch More Of The BMW XM:
One thing the video can't show us is the powertrain. The XM uses BMW's S68 engine, the twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 with mild-hybrid tech. The total system output is 664 horsepower (488 kilowatts) and 590 pound-feet (800 Newton-meters) of torque. This can help propel the SUV to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 4.3 seconds. It can reach 166 mph (270 kph) with the M Driver's Package. Otherwise, BMW limits its top speed to 155 mph (255 kph).
The BMW XM enters production later this year, and a more potent version will begin rolling off the assembly line in mid-2023. It'll have over 735 hp (540 kW) and 735 lb-ft (996 Nm) of torque. The XM will start at $159,995.
Source: rsDrive / YouTube
- BMW EVs To Be Manufactured In India: Growing In The Electric Market
- Top Things About The BMW S 1000 RR – Variants, Specs, Changes & More
- BMW To Bring This Futuristic Electric Scooter To India Tomorrow - Here's What You Need To Know
- Manhart BMW X6 | News, Pictures, Specs, Price, Performance | Digital Trends
- 2023 Range Rover Velar Facelift Launched At Rs 93 Lakh
- Best noise-canceling earbuds for 2023: Sony, Beats, and more | Digital Trends
- Best QLED TVs for 2023: from TCL, Samsung, Hisense, and more | Digital Trends
- Princess Kate's subtle styling trick enables her to walk in high heels for hours
- Princess Charlotte and Princess Eugenie were style twins for major royal event
- These AirPods-style Philips earbuds are $25 for Prime Day | Digital Trends
- The best outdoor security cameras of 2023 | Digital Trends
- Homes Under the Hammer's Martin Roberts one of first to arrive at Glastonbury 2023
- Best wireless speakers for 2023: Sonos, Apple, KEF, and more | Digital Trends
- 2023 Kia Seltos Review - More Than Just A Nip & Tuck Upgrade
- Tesla shares a VERY cheeky video of its seat-testing robot – as users joke 'that chair is about to have an orgasm'
- Updated BMW X5 and X6 lands in Singapore
- Tata Altroz XM & XM(S) Variants Launched: Prices Start At Rs 6.90 Lakh
- Say hello to the future: BMW i Vision Dee concept car arrives in Singapore
2023 BMW XM Styling Features Stand Out In Close-Up Walkaround Video have 558 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.