Listen to this article
The BMW XM debuted late last month, becoming the second M-specific model ever launched. It's a big departure from the 1978 BMW M1, with a new video from the rsDrive YouTube channel providing a quick walkaround that highlights the SUV's bold styling features.
Like other recent BMW models, the XM adopts a split-headlight design. The BMW X7 and 7 Series feature the same styling element, separating the functional headlight units from the design-oriented daytime running lights. This gives designers more freedom in sculpting unique-looking front fascias .
Gallery: 2023 BMW XM
The gold accents around the grille stand out against the black, with the gold XM badge drawing attention. BMW didn't give the SUV a prominent kidney grille, with a large lower opening occupying the bumper. Gold trim wraps around the top of the daylight opening, connecting with a bold gold accent that runs down its sides, extending into the fenders and encompassing the badges.
At the rear, the video shows off the SUV's taillights, which protrude from the back of the vehicle. The hatch lacks a BMW roundel, instead wearing an off-center model badge. The busy diffuser, with gold accents, houses the stacked quad exhaust pipes.
Catch More Of The BMW XM:
One thing the video can't show us is the powertrain. The XM uses BMW's S68 engine , the twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 with mild-hybrid tech. The total system output is 664 horsepower (488 kilowatts) and 590 pound-feet (800 Newton-meters) of torque. This can help propel the SUV to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 4.3 seconds. It can reach 166 mph (270 kph) with the M Driver's Package. Otherwise, BMW limits its top speed to 155 mph (255 kph).
The BMW XM enters production later this year, and a more potent version will begin rolling off the assembly line in mid-2023. It'll have over 735 hp (540 kW) and 735 lb-ft (996 Nm) of torque. The XM will start at $159,995.
Source: rsDrive / YouTube
- Get To Know The McLaren Sabre With This Extended Walkaround Video
- Melania Trump says 'violence is never the answer' in six-minute farewell video touting her 'Be Best' campaign and urges Americans to 'rise above what divides us' despite refusing to invite Jill Biden to White House
- Alarm.com Touchless Video Doorbell rings without actually being pressed
- 2019 BMW X4 Grows Up And Adds Tech For Latest Generation
- BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 51.50 Lakh
- BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Petrol (220i M Sport) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 41.90 Lakh
- Bike Sales Report In 2020: BMW Motorrad Registers Annual Growth Of 6.7 Percent Led By 310 Twins
- The best iPad stands for 2021
- 2021 Bajaj Pulsar 220F Introduced At Rs 1.25 Lakh: Receives Cosmetic & Other Subtle Feature Updates
- The best video game sequels
- Flirty texts to arguments — secret agony behind Harry Styles & Olivia Wilde’s relationship revealed
- Video of woman being 'arrested for sitting on a bench' was 'STAGE-MANAGED by anti-lockdown protesters', Dorset Police claim
- Disney+'s WandaVision, Amazon's Stand among best new shows to stream this week
- Touchless doorbell feature shouldn’t be exclusive to new models
- G-Eazy cozies up to his pretty costar as he sits atop a vintage car while filming new music video in LA
- Five Reasons Why Patriots’ Penalty For Bengals Video Incident Is Completely Ridiculous
- The 20 best movies to watch on Amazon Prime Video
- 20 best movies to watch on Amazon Prime Video
2023 BMW XM Styling Features Stand Out In Close-Up Walkaround Video have 583 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.