The famous Ford team will become the first Supercars team to reach the 1000-race milestone at next week’s Bathurst 1000.
DJR has also announced a new hardcover book that will detail its path to 1000 races between 1981 and 2022.
Published by Authentic Collectables, the book will feature around 300 pages and more than 500 photos.
“Officially established in 1980 and entered in their first Australian Touring Car Championship race at Symmons Plains in Tasmania in 1981 where Dick Johnson raced his legendary Tru-Blu XD Falcon, the team has remained a constant in Australia’s main game of motorsport ever since,” reads Authentic’s description of the book.
“In the hearts and minds of a legion of passionate fans, DJR are Australia’s Ford team. They have raced a variety of iconic Falcons, Sierras and Mustangs with some of the the biggest names in motorsport behind the wheel, taking out 10 drivers’ championships and a horde of race wins, pole positions and podium finishes along the way. And of course, four legendary Bathurst 1000 victories.
“This team has an incredible, enduring history and this book features Hall of Fame racing legend and team founder Dick Johnson, with [author] John Smailes, looking back at the history of the team and the journey from 1981 to 2022 across 1000 championship races.”
Pre-orders are available now with the book expected to be available mid-next year.
- Neil Gaiman Reveals New Book Today (Update)
- Carlos Santana Opens Up On His New Book
- Jennifer Esposito's New Book Not Ex-Friendly
- Dr. Seuss New Book Is Coming On July 28
- Holly Madison Reveals Facts About Hugh Hefner In Her New Book
- How Will The World React To Jennifer Lopez New Book
- Thousands of breast cancer studies are totally bogus, warns science writer and author of new book
- New book on hate crime proposes civil rights for a networked age
- My New Book: Read My Lips: A Complete Guide to the Vagina and Vulva
- Rachel Dolezal To Write A Book About Racial Identity Controversy
- Cameron Diaz Diet and Lifestyle Tips: Mediterranean Diet, The Longevity Book, and The Body Book
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez E-books To Be Announced In October
- Megan Rapinoe Scores Again, but This Time It’s a Book Deal
- Cameron Diaz’s The Longevity Book Explains How to Stay Young from the Inside
- Maria Rodale Talks Cooking Philosophy and New Cookbook
- Jennifer Lawrence Trained Hard for Stunts in New Film “Passengers”
- Bathurst 1000 preview: Telling the tale of the victor
- Mulrennan happy to have reached 1000 winners before Royal Ascot
New book to celebrate DJR's 1000 races have 419 words, post on www.motorsport.com at September 30, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.