While Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) had now confirmed its upcoming new scooter. The new scooter is not the ‘Activa 7G’, but it is actually the upcoming Premium Edition of the Honda Activa 6G.
The latest bombshell of news was confirmed with Honda’s latest teaser that revealed the silhouette and badging of the upcoming Honda Activa scooter. The revealed badging reads ‘Activa Premium Edition’ instead of ‘Activa 7G’ many of us had hoped for.
That being said, we expect Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India to launch the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition before the festive season and capitalise on the sales push achieved during the festive season.
Such a launch will not only improve the sales of the Honda Activa scooter, but it will also increase the footfall at dealerships across the country. This will positively impact the sales of other models in Honda’s product portfolio.
Coming to the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition scooter, the teaser images of the scooter shows the model wearing gold design elements and gold ‘Honda’ badging along with ‘Activa Premium Edition’ badging on the sides.
In addition to that, one of the teaser images of the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition shows the model sporting a Green shade. This colour shade along with the gold accents makes the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition look really upmarket.
The latest teaser image also reveals that the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition sports is also available in other exterior colours as well.
Though Honda is being tight-lipped about the added features on the upcoming Honda Activa Premium Edition, we expect a few additional features such as USB charging ports on the model as such features will be very helpful for many users.
That being said, the Honda Activa 6G is currently the best-selling scooter in India with more than 1.5 lakh scooter sold every month on an average. Moreover, HMSI sold 1.84 lakh Activa 6G scooters in June 2022 alone. This amounts to a YoY sales increase of more than 94 per cent.
Speaking about Honda Activa 6G, it is the first among the different generations of Activa scooters to feature a telescopic front suspension and external fuel filler cap. While this feature is a common sight on many scooters nowadays, it took Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India more than 20 years to introduce this feature in their best-selling product.
The Honda Activa 6G is powered by a 109.57cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected, BS6 compliant engine. This engine produces a peak power of 7.68bhp at 8,000rpm, and 8.84Nm of peak torque at 5,500rpm. Moreover, this engine is very well known for its reliability as well.
At present, the Honda Activa 6G is available in 6 different colour shades and prices for the models start from Rs 72,400 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the STD variant, whereas the Activa 6G DLX is priced at Rs 74,400 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
That being said, the series of new teasers hint that Honda is actively looking forward to launching the Honda Activa Premium Edition scooter in the Indian two-wheeler market.
Thoughts About Upcoming New Honda Activa Premium Edition
We expect the upcoming new Activa Premium Edition to attract a lot more customers to the Honda dealerships across the country and improve the overall sales of the automaker in India during the festive season.
- Two-Wheeler Sales March 2022: Honda Registers 2.8 Per Cent Growth Over Last Month
- Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India Achieves 30 Lakh Export Milestone: 15 Lakh Units In The Last 5 Years
- Honda Cars India Announces Discounts Of Up To Rs. 2.5 Lakh In January
- Honda Cars Offers In February 2022: Maximum Benefits Up To Rs 35,000 On Amaze, City, Jazz, WR-V
- Honda Offers Discounts Of Up To 44,427 On Its Select BS6 Cars In February
- Honda HR-V Could Be A Successful Product In India: RS Version Introduced In Indonesia
- David Brown Speedback Silverstone Edition Is Limited To 10 Cars
- Suzuki Avenis 125 Standard Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 86,500
- Tata Altroz DCA Launch Date Revealed - Premium Automatic Hatch Is Almost Here
- Here's How The 250 HP Mazda 3 Turbo Stacks Up To Other Hot Hatches
- Two-Wheeler Insurance in 2 Minutes on MobiKwik: No Claim Bonus, Add-on Features, Know More
- 5 Things About Suzuki Avenis You Should Know: Engine, Features & More
- This Hero Electric Scooter Does Not Require Registration Or A License
- Suzuki Partners With Skydrive To Develop Flying Cars: Initial Focus On India
- Best cheap graphics cards 2022: the top graphics cards on a budget
- Passenger Car Sales February 2022: Maruti Suzuki Yet Again Dominates The Segment
- Tata Altroz DCA Launched With Prices Starting At Rs 8.09 Lakh: New DCT Gearbox Debuts
- Audi A6 Avant e-tron Concept Revealed - Audi's Super Estate Finally Goes Electric
Honda Activa 6G Premium Edition Teased have 891 words, post on www.drivespark.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.