Listen to this article
The Alfa Romeo 158 is a legend in motorsports. It’s considered one of the most successful Grand Prix cars ever. It started racing in 1937 and was a success in the voiturette class until World War II. When Formula One began in 1950, a driver in a 158 won every race that year. Finally, Juan Manuel Fangio took the driver’s championship in 1951 in an improved version of the 158, the Alfa Romeo 159.
If you’re a fan of the 158 and have a need to own one, chances are you’ll have to spend a pretty penny to get your hands on an original, classic race car . More importantly, there’s a huge chance that you won’t be able to drive it on public roads.
Gallery: Tipo 184 Alfa Romeo 158 Tribute Mazda Miata
British company Dowsetts Classic Cars, however, has found a way to make your taste for a pre-war car more affordable and reliable. Called the Tipo 84, it’s a kit car tribute to the legendary Alfa race car using the bones and powertrain of a second-generation Mazda MX-5 Miata NB.
There are three ways to start your Tipo 184 build. You can buy a starter kit from the Tipo 184 website and start your build using a donor Mazda MX-5 Miata . That will cost you £12,075 (around $14,500) for the starter kit plus the costs of a donor vehicle and the subsequent parts needed for the build.
Miata Is Always The Answer:
Or, you can already purchase the whole Tipo 184 kit in one go, which will set you back £19,995 (around $24,000). If you don’t wish to build the car on your own, you can order a turnkey vehicle from Dowsetts for £50,000 (around $60,360).
The Dowsetts Tipo 184 is a brainchild of Wheeler Dealer and TV mechanic Ant Anstead and experienced engineer/car builder Darren Collins. And oh, if you’re wondering about the name, the Alfa 158 was named from its 1.5-liter engine and eight cylinders. The Tipo 184 represents the NB Miata’s 1.8-liter mill with four cylinders.
Source: The Late Brake Show via YouTube
- First Look: 2022 Subaru BRZ Revealed With New Design, More Power
- Subaru Explains Why The 2022 BRZ Still Doesn’t Have A Turbo
- Samsung Galaxy Smart WatchLoft 25 Bean Bag Gamer ChairBlack Friday 2020 is finally here! Annual shopping extravaganza hits the UK with Amazon leading the way - and there is more than 50% off everything from tech to children's toys
- The £7.5bn Black Friday: Beleaguered stores are set for sales boost today as shoppers snap up bargains - but Next, M&S and Wilco refuse to cut prices (while some offers are best avoided)
- 2019 Mercedes GLE Ditches Camo In New Rendering
Dowsetts Tipo 184 Is Actually A Mazda MX-5 NB Underneath have 465 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 7, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.