Williams will bring an upgraded aerodynamic package for their home race this weekend, but it will only be available for one of the team's two drivers.
Advert | Become a Supporter & go ad-free
Alexander Albon , who has scored all of the team's three points so far this year, will run the upgraded parts on his FW44. Nicholas Latifi will continue to drive the team's car in its previous specification.
"We have an updated aero package for this weekend, which will run on Alex's car only as we look to check its behaviour and confirm that it is working as intended," the team's head of vehicle performance Dave Robson confirmed. "The bodywork and floor form the basis of the upgrade and are intended to efficiently increase the downforce of the car."
Robson said it is important the team makes progress with its development package this weekend as its opportunities to test it in practice at next week's Austrian Grand Prix will be more limited.
"The new parts… are likely to change the balance and the handling of the car and it may take a little bit of time to harness them so that the drivers can get the most from them," he said. "With next week's race in Austria being a Sprint event, we will be looking to get as much learning done this weekend as possible."
Other teams including Alpine and Aston Martin have indicated they intend to bring upgrades to this weekend's race at Silverstone .
2022 F1 season
- "Super-tough" Spa weekend helped Mercedes solve ride height set-up puzzle
- Drivers call on fans to "behave" and urge tougher consequences for flare-throwing
- Mercedes finally understanding "mood swings" of 2022 car – Hamilton
- Exclusive: Verstappen on racing outside F1, 'the show' – and how to win a championship
- Ferrari pair eye split strategies to maximise their threat to Verstappen
- Williams "not a slow car anymore" and "a pain to race" against - Gasly
- Alex Albon suspects key reason behind strong Williams qualifying
- Williams' rivals fear they can't be caught in four-way fight for seventh
- If you heard my radio you'd say: 'Who is this guy?': Albon demanding more from Williams
- Williams "on par with Ferrari and Aston Martin" at Zandvoort - Albon
- Perez keeps eighth after penalty for "divebomb" on Albon
- Albon credits headwind for shock result in Dutch GP qualifying
- Norris admits he laughed at how badly Verstappen's car handled in Singapore
- Alex Albon receives transfer blow as one potential F1 door firmly slams shut
- Perez "a lot happier" in 2022 car - Verstappen
- Silverstone upgrade vital after Aston Martin's poor pace in Barcelona - Krack
- How far can McLaren climb with car rivals now say is the second-fastest in F1?
- "Judge me by what you see in a year" - James Vowles on transforming Williams
- Today in 1987: Mansell defeats Piquet at Silverstone
- McLaren reveals bold sidepod solution as part of Singapore F1 upgrade
- Verstappen on pole, Hulkenberg snatches second in wet Canadian GP qualifying
- 2023 Dutch Grand Prix weekend F1 driver ratings
- Verstappen defies double Dutch downpours and heads for early coronation
Williams to bring upgrade for Albon's car only at Silverstone · RaceFans have 536 words, post on www.racefans.net at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.