Williams will bring an upgraded aerodynamic package for their home race this weekend, but it will only be available for one of the team's two drivers.
Advert | Become a Supporter & go ad-free
Alexander Albon , who has scored all of the team's three points so far this year, will run the upgraded parts on his FW44. Nicholas Latifi will continue to drive the team's car in its previous specification.
"We have an updated aero package for this weekend, which will run on Alex's car only as we look to check its behaviour and confirm that it is working as intended," the team's head of vehicle performance Dave Robson confirmed. "The bodywork and floor form the basis of the upgrade and are intended to efficiently increase the downforce of the car."
Robson said it is important the team makes progress with its development package this weekend as its opportunities to test it in practice at next week's Austrian Grand Prix will be more limited.
"The new parts… are likely to change the balance and the handling of the car and it may take a little bit of time to harness them so that the drivers can get the most from them," he said. "With next week's race in Austria being a Sprint event, we will be looking to get as much learning done this weekend as possible."
Other teams including Alpine and Aston Martin have indicated they intend to bring upgrades to this weekend's race at Silverstone .
2022 F1 season
- Piquet apologises to Hamilton but insists he did not intend comment as racial slur
- Masi did get it wrong with title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP restart, Horner admits
- "Enough is enough": Hamilton's rivals speak out over Piquet's racist comment
- Red Bull drop Vips from Junior Team over use of racial slur
- Red Bull announce plans for 1,100bhp hypercar with £5 million price tag
- Japanese GP Driver Ratings
- F1 2019 calendar: Race schedule, driver line-ups and Test dates
- F1 Brazilian GP Qualifying: Max Verstappen edges out rivals to claim pole position
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s swerves on economy, guns and migrants
- In 2029, a Hyperloop Could Turn Columbus, Ohio, Into a Suburb of Chicago
Williams to bring upgrade for Albon's car only at Silverstone · RaceFans have 396 words, post on www.racefans.net at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.