Team Hillier triumphed at the Aramco Team Series — Bangkok as they recorded a final round of 15-under-par to secure a three-stroke victory at Thai Country Club.
After starting the day in front, Whitney Hillier, Chonlada Chayanun, Krista Bakker and amateur Pattanan Amatanon backed up their excellent first with another great round to seal victory on 31 under.
It was a first LET title for Hillier and Chonlada, while it is back-to-back victories in the Team event for Bakker who was a part of Team Pedersen in Jeddah last November.
Captain Hillier said: “I’m so proud of my team. Even from the start of yesterday morning we just had a good vibe. Everything just flowed and obviously we played great golf, but we had a lot of the fun, so that was the most important thing too.”
It was a fantastic day for Chonlada in the individual competition as she carded a five-under 67 to help her team and climb up the Individual leaderboard.
“I’m just happy,” she said. “I never thought about winning and we did it as a team, so I’m really happy. I’m so proud of my team.”
Team Simmermacher led by Magdalena Simmermacher alongside Charlotte Liautier, Isabella Deilert and amateur Sirapob Yapala finished in second place on 28 under.
Team Tavatanakit was third with a total of 26 under and one shot further back in a tie for fourth place were Team Moriya Jutanugarn and Team Lampert.
In the individual competition, Patty Tavatanakit signed for a round of a three-under 69 to be nine under after 36 holes.
England’s Felicity Johnson and Belgium’s Manon De Roey sit two shots off the lead on seven under having fired rounds of 68 and 67, respectively.
Two-time major winner Ariya Jutanugarn was on six under alongside Sweden’s Johanna Gustavsson with five players in a tie for sixth place on five under including Scotland’s Catriona Matthew.
- No. 1 OSU men's golf leads California event; No. 6 OU tied for fourth at Puerto Rico Classic
- Padua Franciscan High School's figure skating team wins ninth state title
- Register Your Team Today for Eighth Annual Golf Classic
- Linx International Group to Promote Professional Development at The Security Event 2019
- This Week in Houston Food Events: Lemon Hour and a Cirque du Soleil Brunch
- H.S. wrestling: Nutt, Camden Catholic fight back to claim state title
- Press-Telegram Dream Team Track & Field 2014: Ariana Washington, Misana Viltz
- Track: River Dell sprints to Bergen County Relays title
- Iowa high school swimming: Ankeny finishes strong for first boys' state title
- Section V: Canandaigua's Chapman leads Braves to Class B swimming title
- Boys’ swimming: 2019 Varsity Maine All-State team
- IHSAA girls swimming: Carmel on way to 33rd title after prelims
- Track and field: York boys, Brewer girls win Class B titles
- For LSU and Sarah Finnegan, winning SEC gymnastics title was ‘just a check mark’ on overall goal list
- Indoor track and field: York boys, Brewer girls win Class B state titles
- Ten Champions Battle for World Title in New Orleans
- Twins cap UA's title with duel
- State recap: Read the stories of the 5 Wichita area teams to reach championship games
Team Hillier bag title, Patty leads individual event have 502 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.