Recently, Toyota has opened pre-bookings for the Toyota Hilux lifestyle pick-up SUV in India and the bookings for the pick-up SUV is being accepted across the country for Rs 1 lakh at the dealership level and Rs 50,000 via the brand’s online platform.
Now, Toyota has released a 78-second TVC for the promotion of the Toyota Hilux pickup SUV in India and the latest TVC for the Toyota Hilux portrays the pickup as a highly versatile daily driver.
Moreover, the Japanese automobile giant is most likely to launch the Hilux Pickup SUV in March 2022 and the deliveries are said to begin from April 2022.
From the visuals from the Toyota Hilux TVC, the Hilux pickup truck SUV looks very bold with its large hexagonal front grille, swept-back headlamps and LED DRLs.
Overall the front-end of the Toyota Hilux looks very masculine and adds a very rugged and indestructible feel to the vehicle. This rugged feel is very well carried to the sides of the new Toyota Hilux with its large flared wheel arches and chunky black claddings.
Moving to the rear, Toyota has also added a heavy dose of chrome on the rear side of the Hilux pickup SUV to keep the Indian audience happy.
The Toyota Hilux also comes with integrated side footsteps and 18-inch alloy wheels that neatly fill the large wheel arches.
On the inside, the Toyota Hilux sports a similar interior as the Toyota Fortuner with features such as an 8.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, steering mounted controls, and many more.
The Toyota Hilux is powered by the same and very familiar 2.8-litre turbocharged diesel engine from the Toyota Fortuner and this engine produces 201bhp and 500Nm of torque. However, if Toyota plans to offer a manual transmission variant of the Toyota Hilux Pickup SUV, the torque might be limited to just 420Nm to protect the transmission.
The Toyota Hilux also comes with the same tried-and-tested 4WD system with electronic differential locks and a limited-slip differential for improved off-road ability. According to Toyota, the Toyota Hilux also features multiple drive modes and comes with a 700mm water wading capacity.
As the Toyota Hilux is built on the same IMV-2 platform that underpins the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Toyota Fortuner, the Toyota Hilux is assembled at Toyota’s Bengaluru manufacturing plant with 30 per cent localisation to keep costs down.
However, the new Toyota Hilux has a slightly longer wheelbase than both the Toyota Fortuner and Toyota Innova Crysta due to its long loading bay. As a result, the Toyota Hilux has a longer wheelbase at 3,085mm, which is 340mm longer than the Toyota Fortuner’s wheelbase.
The Toyota Hilux lifestyle pickup truck directly competes with the Isuzu V-Cross and Isuzu Highlander lifestyle pickup trucks in India.
Thanks to 30 per cent localisation we expect prices for the Toyota Hilux to range between Rs 30 lakh and Rs 35 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Toyota Hilux Pick-Up SUV
Toyota Hilux was first introduced in 1968 and after 8 generations Toyota will finally launch the Hilux in India. However, Toyota could have launched the Hilux at least a generation earlier.
- 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Will Rival The MG Gloster
- Toyota Fortuner Legender Spied During TVC Shoot Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Aprilia SXR 160 Maxi-Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.26 Lakh
- Land Rover Defender Plug-In Hybrid Bookings Begin In India: The Most Powerful & Fuel-Efficient Version Yet!
- Revolt Motorcycles Bookings Reopen In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- Aprilia SXR 160 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Apollo Tyres Online Sales Portal Opened In India: Launches E-Commerce Website
- Renault Kiger With Sunroof Spied Testing Ahead of 2021 India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- MG ZS Petrol SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- New Hyundai i20 Bookings Cross 30,000 Units Since Launch: Here Are The Details!
- New Audi A4 Bookings Begin Ahead Of Its India Launch In Early-2021: Will Rival The BMW 3 Series
- Top-10 Car Launches In India In 2020: Here Are Our Top Picks From An Otherwise Massive List!
- Trump says John Bolton will have a 'really big price to pay' for releasing classified information in his tell-all White House book after judge allowed its release but warned the ex-NSC adviser has 'gambled' with national security
- Tesla Model 3 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Bookings & Deliveries Details
- New Jeep Compass Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Rivals The Volkswagen T-Roc
- Land Rover Defender First Batch Units Arrive In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Studds Cub D4 Decor Helmet Launched In India: Priced At Rs 1,175
- Isuzu BS6 D-Max Commercial Pick-Up India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are The Details
Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open have 923 words, post on www.drivespark.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.