Caught on several occasions and believed to be a new flagship SUV, this mysterious Audi Q model has been the subject of many speculations. Some say it’s a Q9 positioned atop the Q7 and Q8 while others claim it's destined to become a China-only offering. After browsing some of the forums and websites in the People’s Republic, we believe this won’t be a new range-topping SUV after all.
Instead, the vehicle in question will be sold only in the world’s most populous country through Volkswagen’s joint venture with SAIC. Other recent models carrying the Four Rings to stem from this tie-up include the peculiar A7 L Sedan and the Q5 E-Tron. The latter – which is essentially a bigger, three-row Q4 E-Tron twinned with the VW ID.6 – can be seen in the adjacent spy shots of a test fleet caught in northern Europe.
Gallery: Audi three-row SUV for China spied
It is believed the new luxury SUV from Audi is mechanically related to the Atlas aka Teramont in China, Russia, and other markets. Consequently, it sits on the MQB platform rather than the more sophisticated MLB underpinning the Q7 and Q8. As far as the vehicle's official name is concerned, we've heard it will carry the Q6 badge. However, the Q6 E-Tron debuting later this year will have nothing in common since the electric SUV will sit on a dedicated platform (PPE) co-developed with Porsche.
We should point out the Atlas / Teramont / Q6 are not the biggest vehicles riding on the MQB platform. The VW Talagon unveiled last year in China stretches at 5,152 millimeters (202.8 inches) while the not-so-mini Viloran minivan is 5,346 mm (210.5 in) long. For the sake of comparison, the Atlas is "only" 5,040 mm (198.3 in) long.
The Other Q6:
It will inherit the three-row layout and engines from the CN-spec Teramont wrapped around in a more luxurious package to justify the premium. The official debut is apparently scheduled to take place in April at the 2022 Beijing Auto Show, with sales to commence in China during the second quarter of the year.
- 2022 Audi A8 Facelift Spied With Updated Lights And Front Grille
- Lancia Ypsilon Spy Photos Remind Us The Fabled Italian Brand Is Still Around
- 2021 Tata Safari Review (First Drive): A Benchmark For Future SUVs In India?
- Cupra Formentor VZ5 Teased With Audi Inline-Five Turbo Power
- 2021 Porsche Panamera Launched In India For Rs 1.45 Crore: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Top 50 racing drivers of 2017: 50-41
- Lamborghini Urus Off-Roader Fictional Rendering Could Be A Great Idea
- GM will only sell zero-emission vehicles by 2035
- 2022 Nissan Frontier And 2022 Pathfinder Debut Today: See The Livestream
- Have an unhappy Christmas: Government scientists advise no singing, dancing or BOARD GAMES (and isolate for two weeks before and after five-day 'bubble break')
- Test drive: The 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo is a very hot hatchback
- The Tragedy of Britney Spears
- Tesla's superfans have made it a social media star. There's a catch.
- A disaster no one is paying attention to
- How British adventurer James Ketchell flew into the Guinness World Records
- Confusion as Matt Hancock tells Britons they can expect 'a happy and free great British summer' THIS YEAR thanks to Covid vaccine rollout - before Trade Secretary Liz Truss warns against ministers 'making promises about people's holidays'
- Battle royale on lockdown as Boris faces Tory demands to drop ALL curbs by MAY when over-50s are vaccinated - but Prof Lockdown's modelling team warns even a slower easing means 130,000 more deaths and the NHS could be swamped again
- Virginia Set To Become First Southern State To Abolish Death Penalty
Three-Row Audi SUV Spied And We Think We Know What It Is, The Q6 have 627 words, post on www.motor1.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.