Former Ferrari Driver Academy member Marcus Armstrong has landed a place at Hitech for the upcoming Formula 2 season.
Advert | Become a Supporter & go ad-free
Armstrong placed 13th in last year's championship with DAMS, the same result he achieved the year before when he drove for ART. He scored his first win at Jeddah last month, but parted ways with Ferrari at the end of the season after four years with the team.
He joins Red Bull junior Juri Vips at Hitech. Vips raced for the team in 2021, scoring two of the their three victories on their way to fourth in the championship for the second year in a row since entering the series.
"Team principal Oliver Oakes brought me to Europe a few years back and I saw Hitech in the early days," said Armstrong. "Since then it's transformed into one of the powerhouses of Formula 2 and 3.
"I'm looking forward to be working with a successful group of people and a completely new team this year."
Armstrong's move leaves five vacancies remaining on the 22-car grid for the opening race at Bahrain in March.
2022 Formula 2 drivers confirmed so far
|Carlin||Logan Sargeant||Liam Lawson|
|DAMS||Roy Nissany||Ayumu Iwasa|
|Hitech||Juri Vips||Marcus Armstrong|
|MP||Felipe Drugovich||Clement Novalak|
|Prema||Jehan Daruvala||Dennis Hauger|
|Van Amersfoort||Jake Hughes||TBA|
|Virtuosi||Jack Doohan||Marino Sato|
- Hughes joins Van Amersfoort's new Formula 2 team
- Hauger, Lawson, Daruvala, Vips and Iwasa confirm F2 seats for 2022
- Championship-winning esports racer Bolukbasi lands Formula 2 drive with Charouz
- F2 and F3 to trial sustainable fuel before F1 – Symonds
- Pourchaire returns to ART for second season in Formula 2
- Oral history of the 2000 Wisconsin Badgers Final Four basketball team
- 'Everything she's done is for those kids:' Meet the real hero behind BYU's Yoeli Childs
- Announcing Broadway in Hollywood
- Joe Crozier: How he put Buffalo Sabres, Rochester Amerks on hockey map
Ex-Ferrari junior Armstrong moves to F2 "powerhouse" Hitech · RaceFans have 355 words, post on www.racefans.net at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.