Williams engineering director Adam Carter has left the team ahead of the new season as part of the team's continued restructuring.
Carter had been with the team since 2016 and worked his way up to the role of engineering director, but becomes the latest departure from the team as CEO and team principal Jost Capito puts in place a new staffing structure to try and bring the team back up the standings.
Capito said in a statement confirming the news: "As we look ahead at our engineering strategy and requirements for the next year and beyond, we have made changes in our engineering structure.
"Adam Carter has left the team and I would like to thank him for his hard work and contribution over the last six years."
Carter has experience in Formula 1 dating back to 1998 when he started out in a junior engineering role at Arrows.
The team's hierarchy has changed significantly since Dorilton Capital took over ownership from the Williams family. Capito was brought in as CEO and took over the team principal's role from Simon Roberts in July last year after his departure.
Having been Volkswagen's director of motorsports, Capito brought two senior colleagues with him to Williams from the German marque with Francois-Xavier 'FX' Demaison coming in as technical director at the start of last season and installing Sven Smeets – who took over Capito's role at VW when he left in 2016 – as sporting director.
On track, former Red Bull driver Alex Albon joined the team to replace George Russell for the new season and he recently headed to the team's factory to take part in his first simulator sessions.
Williams will look to build on an improved season in 2021, taking a podium finish in Belgium through Russell and earning P8 in the Constructors' Championship having claimed only eight points in the three years prior to last season.
- Gentrification X: how an academic argument became the people's protest
- Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell Unleashed: WME-IMG's Strategy, IPO Plans, China and the Doubters
- Movies to watch this week at the cinema: Steve Jobs, Tangerine, more...
- Coronavirus live updates: Acting Navy Secretary apologizes for disparaging captain
- Coronavirus live updates: SF water usage falls sharply with office buildings shut
- Coronavirus live updates: U.S. poised to surpass 11,000 deaths
- Coronavirus live updates: California expected to hit peak COVID-19 resource use in a week
- Did Second Most Powerful Man at Top Catholic Order Sexually Abuse Teenage Boy?
- Coronavirus: Mercedes make breathing aid design freely available
- Mercedes is making the designs for its coronavirus breathing aids 'freely available' in a bid to get the life-saving devices into the hands of NHS workers as quickly as possible
- The $90 trillion question is how to get people back to work
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Small businesses, unemployed await Congress's next moves
- Farms on the Asteroids: Hotels on the Moon
- The President and the Plague
- Unemployment checks are being held up by a coding language almost nobody knows
- Falling through the cracks: Thousands of UK workers are left with no income because they unwittingly moved jobs before lockdown but now can't claim furlough or get Universal Credit
- What is YOUR lockdown personality? Psychotherapist's quiz will reveal if you're a Crisis Queen, True Introvert, Hobby Fanatic or a Conspiracy Theorist (and which type copes best with the restrictions)
- Cuomo says FEMA must step in and buy antibody tests for the states to avoid the same 'bidding war' that happened over ventilators as New York deaths rise by 778 to 10,834 but hospitalizations continue to slow down
Engineering director parts company with Williams have 594 words, post on www.planetf1.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.