Aston Martin have become the first Formula 1 team to announce a launch date for their 2022 car, the AMR22.
Advert | Become a Supporter & go ad-free
The team announced on Friday morning that the team's newest car will be revealed on Thursday 10 February at the road car manufacturer's headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire. The launch will also be streamed online for fans to watch.
Aston Martin are the first of the ten teams to formally announce a launch date for their 2022 car. Earlier this month, Mercedes teased their upcoming W13, with McLaren also posting glimpses of their new car on social media. AlphaTauri announced on Wednesday that their chassis for the new season had passed its FIA-mandated crash safety test.
Drivers Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel will race for Aston Martin again in 2022. The team – rebranding from Racing Point for the 2021 season – finished seventh in the constructors' championship with 77 points and one podium finish. Aston Martin have announced that following the recent departure of CEO Otmar Szafnauer from the team, former BMW head of motorsport Mike Krack will take over the role of team principal.
The 2022 season sees a drastic overhaul of technical regulations designed to improve racing in Formula 1 by making cars easier to follow rivals by reducing the dirty air effect. The regulations were intended to be introduced last season, but were delayed by a year due to concerns over the impact of the Covid pandemic on the championship.
This season will also be the longest in the history of the sport, at 23 scheduled races. Pre-season testing for the 2022 F1 season will begin with a three day test at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on February 23. The season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix takes place on 18 March.
Get all the 2022 F1 race weekend session times plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
2022 F1 season
- Mike Krack named new Aston Martin F1 team principal
- Analysis: FIA's investigation into Abu Dhabi restart row puts spotlight on Bayer
- FIA to reveal findings of inquiry into Abu Dhabi restart row in February
- Alpine announce Budkowski's departure as executive director
- Hulkenberg not convinced 2022 cars will improve racing after simulator runs
- Billionaire Lawrence Stroll Seeks Big Stake In Aston Martin - Report
- The top 10 most expensive cars of all time by brand including Ferrari, Jaguar, Porsche and Aston Martin models – but which one would YOU choose?
- Aston Martin shares fall on stock market debut
- Drive a three-wheel Reliant Supervan III in Forza Horizon 3
- Death of a Porn King
- XEV turns to Kickstarter to get its 3D-printed electric car into production
- Sir Stirling Moss endorses Jaguar Knobbly continuation edition
- 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show: The world’s motor giants reveal the cars of tomorrow
- Four found guilty of new year murders
- Fortnite week 6 challenges - Horde Rush, Fortnite Season 9 challenges tips
- How David Letterman Reinvented TV
- Families of four British soldiers killed in 1982 Hyde Park bomb begin battle for 'justice' in civil lawsuit against convicted IRA member John Downey - whose 'fingerprints link him to attack'
- Review: The Beatles’ ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ Anniversary Editions Reveal Wonders
- A life on the run
- America’s Humanitarian Architect
- Xbox at E3:
- Ipswich council sacking imminent after dismissal bill passes Queensland Parliament
- Doom Eternal's Brutal Gameplay Trailer Debuts With New Details At QuakeCon 2018
Aston Martin to launch AMR22 on February 10 · RaceFans have 554 words, post on www.racefans.net at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.