DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Sarah Weddington, a Texas lawyer who at 26-years-old successfully argued the landmark abortion rights case Roe v. Wade before the US Supreme Court, has died. She was 76.
Weddington's former student and colleague Susan Hays said she died in her sleep early Sunday morning at her Austin home.
Hays told The Associated Press that Weddington had been in poor health for some time and it was not immediately clear what caused her death.
Weddington was also a state lawmaker, general counsel of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and an advisor to President Jimmy Carter.
(© Copyright 2021 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Federal Judge Overturns Texas Ban on Dismemberment Abortions
- Planned Parenthood victory: Supreme Court nixes rulings that upheld Texas pandemic abortion ban
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Democrats chart path to pass Biden's COVID-19 relief plan
- Google self-driving car engineer who stole 14,000 files of trade secrets before going to work for Uber is pardoned by Donald Trump
- Here’s A Timeline Of The 2018 Kavanaugh Confirmation
- Kellyanne Conway Is the Real First Lady of Trump’s America
- Hawley Calls On Republicans To Reject Pro-Abortion SCOTUS Nominees
- The 55 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- GOP Unleashes Wave Of Pro-Life Bills In Democrat-Controlled Congress
- 'I Have a Dream' and 99 Other Groundbreaking 20th Century Speeches
- The Tragedy of Britney Spears
- The Black List 2009: Full Roster
- ‘I Don’t Believe That’s The Right Question’: Ted Cruz Urges Caution On Josh Hawley’s SCOTUS Litmus Test
- Dem uses question time in Barrett hearing to suggest 'dark money' 'scheme' behind court's 5-4 decisions
- Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix: Where are the real-life players now?
- How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform
- 42 Books That Made 2020 A Little Less Awful
- Biden Administration Investigating ‘Domestic Violent Extremism’ After Capitol Riot
Sarah Weddington, Texas Lawyer Who Argued Roe V Wade, Dies At 76 have 340 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at December 26, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.