DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Sarah Weddington, a Texas lawyer who at 26-years-old successfully argued the landmark abortion rights case Roe v. Wade before the US Supreme Court, has died. She was 76.
Weddington's former student and colleague Susan Hays said she died in her sleep early Sunday morning at her Austin home.
Hays told The Associated Press that Weddington had been in poor health for some time and it was not immediately clear what caused her death.
Weddington was also a state lawmaker, general counsel of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and an advisor to President Jimmy Carter.
(© Copyright 2021 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Fishing report for week of July 25-31
- The Queen’s secret Sandringham service laying Diana’s ghost to rest and Prince Philip's cruel jibe at Fergie over her affair: Society writer KENNETH ROSE reveals his secret diaries
- Federal Judge Calls Catholic Church a ‘Sect,’ Denies Higher Court’s Authority
- Fifty for the ages: The top coaches in Tampa Bay history
- The King of CH3NO2*
- Angela Does NASCAR
- Mellinger Minutes: Royals, Chiefs and is Darren Sproles a Hall of Famer?
- The War on Porn Is Back
- Betty Ford biography helps manage modern issues, politics
- FMIA: With or Without Laces, Jon Gruden Just Wants to Compete
- The Last of the Iron Lungs
- Rockies vs. Cubs: Watch NL Wild Card Game 2018, things to know, prediction
- College basketball rankings: The top 100 (and one) best players for the 2018-19 season
- The Houston Texans’ most important defender
- The 1 Player from Every NBA Team Under the Most Pressure
- Mark Schubert, Chuck Wielgus clashed over Dara Torres rumor
- As former Angel Vladimir Guerrero is inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, we look at its history
Sarah Weddington, Texas Lawyer Who Argued Roe V Wade, Dies At 76 have 355 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at December 26, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.