In 2001, Rose Marie Moniz's father discovered her body in her Massachusetts home. The objects scattered around the room led investigators to conclude that she had been the victim of a robbery and murder. But as the weeks and months passed, their investigation began to stagnate — and eventually, it seemed as though there would be no resolution. As reported by The Washington Post , a cold case unit operating in the office of the Bristol District Attorney has discovered DNA evidence that enabled charges to be brought against a suspect in the case.
The cold case unit began reviewing Moniz's murder in 2019, and eventually found DNA in a conch shell that had been used to attack her. As the Post notes, the DNA found there matched Reed's — which set things in motion for charges to be filed. a post on Twitter . "We look forward to prosecuting these cases in open court."
Thanks for reading InsideHook . Sign up for our daily newsletter and be in the know.
The post Conch Shell Might Hold the Evidence to Solve a Murder Case appeared first on InsideHook .
- Bugs of Death May Help Solve Murder Cases
- Dutch detectives turn to power of podcast to solve 1991 murder case
- Amazon Echo Could Help Solve a Murder Case
- Ava DuVernay’s ‘When They See Us’ Looms Over New York Murder Case Of 18-Year-Old Barnard Coed
- Man, 60, becomes London's 145th murder victim this year after being stabbed as police warn investigations are being blocked by 'wall of silence'
- Kathleen Zellner: the Making a Murderer lawyer you want on your side
- Serial killer Peter Dupas linked to three unsolved cases
- Tessa Majors Killing: Police Say DNA Is Key In Solving Case
- ‘V1’ movie review: Not a watertight case
- Making a Murderer: new confession puts Steven Avery case back in spotlight
- ‘Amanda Knox’ Doc Sets Record Straight on Infamous 2007 Murder
- Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher Found Not Guilty of Murdering Teen ISIS Prisoner
- Saudi Arabia sentences five to death over Khashoggi murder, U.N. official decries 'mockery'
- Infamous Buffalo Cave Torso Identified, One of the Oldest Cases Resolved Using Forensic Genealogy
- ‘Unnatural for her to kill her own child’: SC acquits woman convicted for murder
- Jamal Khashoggi's murder could be a game-changer for the Yemen war
- Robert Durst Charged With Murder, May Face Death Penalty
- Casey Anthony private eye claims he has Hunter Biden's bank records that show 'fraud and counterfeiting' and sent them to Biden's Arkansas baby mama to use in her paternity case
Conch Shell Might Hold the Evidence to Solve a Murder Case have 464 words, post on www.chron.com at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.