Christmas came a little bit earlier this year for Hennessey as company founder John strapped on a tree onto his personal 750-horsepower Porsche 911 Turbo S about a week ago. The amped-up sports car from Zuffenhausen reached an impressive 175 mph (282 km/h), but the man behind the American tuner and hypercar manufacturer was not entirely satisfied.
That’s because the 181-mph record achieved a couple of years ago with a 1,000-horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk was still standing. He decided to redo the run, only this time with his wife’s Audi RS6 Avant. Even though the super wagon looks stock on the outside, it’s hiding an 800-horsepower secret under the hood where the twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 has been massaged to extract an additional 209 hp. Prior to slapping the Christmas tree onto the long roof, the fast family hauler from Ingolstadt hit 205 mph (330 km/h).
Gallery: 2021 Audi RS6 Avant: Review
The RS6 Avant may have a 0.35 drag coefficient when it exits the gates of the Neckarsulm factory, but that’s no longer the case after you add a tree onto its roof. With airflow not being what it used to be, Audi’s supercar disguised as a midsize wagon “only” hit 183 mph (295 km/h). That’s still not too far off the 190-mph velocity quoted by the Four Rings for the version equipped with the optional Dynamic Plus package.
Thankfully, the Christmas tree managed to survive at those speeds, but we’re wondering what will happen once Hennessey will use the Venom F5 to beat its personal record. It’s a question of when rather than if, and our money is on Christmas 2022. The team behind the Venom GT’s successor has promised to smash the 300-mph barrier with its airbag-less machine, so we’re already feeling sorry for the poor tree.
The Venom F5 Should Easily Top 208 MPH:
Source: Hennessey Performance
- Lamborghini Urus Vs Audi RS6 Avant Wet Drag Race Ends In Photo Finish
- Audi S6 Spied With No Disguise On Video And In Photos
- Audi RS5 Sportback Launch Delayed In Europe
- Strong winds topple trees in the metro area with widespread gusts up to 65 mph
- Boris Johnson hails ‘glad tidings of great joy’ in Christmas message after historic £660bn Brexit trade deal
- Tesla Model S Performance Faces Aston Martin DBS In Quarter-Mile Race
- Death of the rush-hour: Home workers fuel 35% fall in congestion during morning and evening peak times - as interactive graphic reveals how much traffic volumes shrank in 25 UK cities in 2020
- Every electric car currently available
- Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Spotted On Some Very Cool Wheels
Christmas Tree Hits 183 MPH Thanks To 800-Horsepower Audi RS6 Avant have 457 words, post on www.motor1.com at December 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.