CentralWorld is preparing to throw a world-class end-of-year countdown and pin itself as the “Times Square of Asia”.
The event will last for a week from Dec 25–31 at CentralWorld department store in Bangkok under the banner “centralwOrld bangkOk cOuntdOwn 2022”, Central Pattana Public Co, which owns the venue, said on Wednesday.
It will run daily from 8pm to 12.15am.
Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, the company’s executive vice-president, said the huge mall will become a key landmark in Asia and this New Year’s countdown party would reflect its grand ambitions.
“Furthermore, one of the highlights will be sending a ‘Message to the World” event through the [email protected] screen, as well a seven-minute 3D fireworks show,” he said.
Due to concerns about the pandemic, despite Thailand meeting its target in terms of vaccinations to date, strict hygiene measures will be put in place for the safety of the public, officials said.
These will be enforced under the Safe Plus+ protocol, including mandatory mask wearing and tight screening of visitors before they enter the venue, Mr Nattakit said.
Those who wish to participate must register seven days in advance.
They will need to attach copies of their ID cards, provide their contact information, and show proof of double vaccination.
This could be done via the “Mor Prom” application or using documents from certified medical institutions.
- North Korea to open 'world-class' ski resort as rival South Korea preps to host 2018 Winter Olympics
- The British Virgin Islands have world-class beaches and resorts and now feature off-season rates
- Oregon matures into world-class wine and food destination
- Poppy Tooker helped save the soul of New Orleans after Katrina and now famed Big Easy chef is ready for a Super party
- Manchester, England, proudly embraces its musical and political heritage to become a world-class destination
- Enjoy world-class teas and down-home diners in Millerton
- Superstitious Russians take to Cold War bunker for Mayan end of the world
- Kim Jong Un vows North Korea is ready for ‘any kind of war’ against U.S.
- U.S. News & World Report's ranking of the best high schools in New York City: See the full list
- Sanitation Dept. says with new training and equipment, it will be ready for any major snowstorms this winter
- The style world welcomes Jillian Davison as Glamour mag's new fashion director
- Miami Heat show Carmelo Anthony, NY Knicks are far from NBA title ready in Eastern Conference first round
- Kim Jong Un: North Korea is ready for war
- NJ Nets and Deron Williams ready to move home from Prudential Center to Barclays Center
- It's his job to make sure Crooked Stick is ready
- United's special domestic Boeing 747 flight was a party at 38,000 feet
- Spohr: Rare United flight on a 747 was a party at 38,000 feet
- World champ Caeleb Dressel chases new goals as he begins senior season at Florida
CentralWorld readies world-class countdown party have 482 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.