The sixth-generation Nissan Altima is just two years old, but by this time next year, there will be a new design on the road. New spy shots reveal that Nissan is preparing to give the sedan a mid-cycle refresh that should arrive for the 2023 model year. Its sales continue to decline, so it doesn't appear Nissan is doing much to the model, though there is a camouflage wrap covering the front fascia, where the automaker will make most of the design changes.
The camouflage is likely hiding a completely revised front end that's more aggressive-looking than the outgoing model. That means Nissan is likely giving the Altima new headlights, a fresh grille, and a redesigned front bumper, making the new design flow with the rest of the car's styling. The rear-end is completely exposed without any noticeable design differences, though those might come later in the car's development cycle.
Gallery: 2023 Nissan Altima Spy Shots
The Altima's current pair of powertrains will likely remain unchanged in the redesigned model. That means the new sedan will either have a 2.5-liter four-cylinder or an optional turbo four-cylinder engine, though both will mate with a continuously variable transmission. The 2.5-liter should continue to make the same 188 horsepower (140 kilowatts), while the turbo engine produces 248 hp (185 kW). There shouldn't be any noticeable interior changes with the refresh.
Catch More Nissan News Here:
The 2023 Altima will also come packed with a plethora of standard safety tech, as Nissan added its Safety Shield 360 as standard equipment on the model. We won't have to wait long to see the new design as rumors point to the new Altima getting revealed in mid-2022 before going on sale later in the year for 2023. The refresh could reverse or slow its sales slide, though sedans and other small vehicles continue to see their sales fall. Will a new face be enough to save the Altima?
- 2022 Jeep Compass Mild Hybrid Spied Hiding In Plain Sight
- Refreshed SsangYong Tivoli Trying To Hide Mild Refresh
- VW ID Buzz spy shots reveal production body hidden by clever camo
- VW ID Buzz Spy Video Shows Modern Microbus Testing In The Alps
- BMW X5 M Facelift Spied Hiding Redesigned Grille, New Headlights
- 2023 BMW 3 Series Facelift Spied Without Camo To Reveal Normal Grille
- BMW X7 Facelift Shows Its Split Headlights Design In New Spy Photos
- Spied Mercedes CLS replacement might not be renamed CLE
- Porsche 911 Sport Classic Spied Again, Looks Ready For Production
- Porsche 911 Hybrid Spied At The Nurburgring With Only Two Seats
- BMW M8, 8 Series M Package Spied Thrashing The Nürburgring
- Spy Video Hints Chevy Corvette Z06 C8 Has Magnesium Transmission Case
- 2022 Ford Everest Rugged SUV Spied In Europe Hiding Production Body
- A Spy Story: Sergei Skripal Was a Little Fish. He Had a Big Enemy.
- Tata Tiago JTP Caught Testing In India Again
- 2019 VW Passat Spied Hiding Facelift For Europe
- BMW X8 With Stacked Tailpipes Spied Testing At The Nurburgring
- 2023 Ford Ranger PHEV Prototypes Spied Touring Southern Europe
2023 Nissan Altima Caught Hiding Mild Redesign In First Spy Shots have 525 words, post on www.motor1.com at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.