Much has been said about Alpina over the years. After all, it is one of Germany’s top tuning houses, especially when it comes to BMW vehicles. Alpina may not be the official performance division of BMW, but the two companies have worked closely together for over half a century.
Recently, Youtube channel Welt Documentary published a documentary on the esteemed tuner/automaker. From its humble beginnings in the early ’60s, to the inner workings of the company today, it’s safe to say you’ll have a greater appreciation for the brand. It’s also a treat for those who are into classic BMW and Alpina models.
Alpina was established in 1965 in Kaufbeuren, a small town not too far from BMW’s headquarters in Munich. Its founder, Burkard Bovensiepen started working on BMW’s even before that. In the early ’60s, he developed a carburettor for the 1500, and it was so well received that even key personel were impressed. One of those was Paul Hanhemann, the director of auto sales for BMW at the time. From then on, Alpina and BMW would be inseperable.
Alpina Cars We’ve Driven Recently:
There are also some interesting cameos in the documentary as well, both cars and personalities. Of course, Bovensiepen makes an appearance to share the beginnings of the company. There’s also the classic E9 raced by Hans-Joachim Stuck. And yes, Stuck was reunited with one of the cars that helped launched his career as well. A late racing legend from Austria is also present in this story.
It’s been quite the journey for Alpina, especially when you see that the whole operation started with just a few employees and a shed.
Whether you’re a fan of Alpina, BMW, or not, the documentary is worth watching. For those who love those brands, they will love them even more after. As for the casual enthusiasts, it’s a history lesson and an appreciation for the brand.
Source: WELT Documentary via Youtube
- Parade of Indy 500 pace cars is Dream Cruise come true for Penske
- Secrets of the Ford Mustang revealed in new documentary
- The car guys of Ford
- Praise for ‘small-town boy’ hit by Stewart’s car
- Jeff Gordon takes tour of Penn State in special Axalta car
- Watch as a 2,000-horsepower Lambo goes for a wet and wild ride
- Dale Jr. passionate about NASCAR collecting
- Things we learned during Arizona auction week
- The Latest from NASCAR: Logano out front at halfway point
- The Latest from NASCAR: Gordon chasing Busch, Harvick
- The Latest from NASCAR: Busch wins 1st Sprint Cup title
- Hammer time: Hawks invite fans to ‘Pound the Pacer’
- The Latest from NASCAR: Clint Bowyer out of finale early
- The Latest from NASCAR: Hamlin in trouble, Gordon in lead
- The Latest from NASCAR: Rain stops, race nears at Homestead
- The Latest from NASCAR: Season finale underway at Homestead
- Stars shined on racing’s super Saturday of stakes
- The Latest from NASCAR: McGraw sings, seeks out Gordon
This Alpina Documentary Is A Must Watch For Any Car Enthusiast have 506 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.