Electric Vehicles or EVs are gaining prominence in India, especially among the youth. Our government is also aware of the need for clean transport and has started introducing and implementing policies needed to improve the EV infrastructure. Hence, under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) India Scheme, 350 electrical charging points were installed in the major cities across the country. Here’s a list of the top Indian cities with electrical charging points:
Delhi – 94 Charging Stations
The government of Delhi announced that Delhi will tackle the environmental crisis by installing electric charging points all across the city, on August 7, 2020. The government’s aim is to make Delhi the EV capital for India and a city that inspires the world to adopt electric vehicles as the primary source of travel. Under the FAME scheme, 94 EV charging stations have been installed in the capital so far and the plan for further expansion is underway.
Chandigarh- 48 Charging Stations
Chandigarh government has proposed an incentive on the purchase of electric vehicles in a bid to promote cleaner and eco-friendlier modes of transportation. According to their plan, the first 1000 people to purchase EVs will get an incentive of Rs 5000 per kWh of battery. As for two-wheelers, ₹ 5000 incentives will be applicable for the first 2000 vehicles, per kWh of battery. Incentives will also be applicable for three-wheeler purchases.
Jaipur – 49 Charging stations
Jaipur is the third leading city in the count for electric charging points for EVs. Jaipur government is also taking measures to educate the local people and spread awareness for choosing an eco-friendly vehicle.
Other Indian cities with electric charging points installed in considerable numbers are Ranchi, with 29 charging points, and Agra with 10 charging points. Moreover, states like Kerala, Assam, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, and Gujrat have started taking steps towards installing more and more electric charging points and promoting electric vehicles.
While these measures mark the progress in phase one of the FAME scheme, phase two of the scheme will introduce tighter measures to promote the personal use of electric vehicles in India. The government has laid down detailed plans to clear up the infrastructural space for installing EV charging stations in all cities and plans to make EV a known and trusted mode of transport in both two-wheeler and four-wheeler categories. One can also observe the shift happening in the three-wheelers segment and with public transport like busses. Electric autos and busses will define the future of public transport and will also make travel more economical and efficient.
Major brands like Tata, Ola, Bajaj, and TVS are introducing cars and two-wheelers that will suit the needs of the future with their EVs. With electric vehicles, we can hope to reduce global warming and make the world a better place for future generations.
- EA adds sponsored items to SimCity with Nissan Leaf electric cars, charging station
- Arkham City Gameplay Gallery
- Batman Arkham City Walkthrough
- Here's what happens when four players try to run one town in Cities: Skylines
- Electric Warriors
- The strange tale of a Cities: Skylines town with only one house
- Gaming Deals: $100 New 3DS XL Trade-In Offer, $16 Cities Skylines
- Alaskan Communities Struggle With Dwindling Law Enforcement Numbers
- Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters charged with rioting, including a 16-year-old girl, show up in court as supporters demand their release
- Building A Self-Sufficient City In Cities: Skylines – Part Two
- Toyota Electric Cars Price: Dubbed as the Vehicles of the Future
- Tesla S Software Update Will 'End Range Anxiety' For Electric Cars, Promises CEO Elon Musk
- Cities Skylines: Mass Transit and the war on cars
- Why Resident Evil 2's City of the Dead scares us
- Robert Kraft, New England Patriots owner, charged in human trafficking/prostitution investigation
- Wot I Think: Mordheim – City Of The Damned
- The RPS Advent Calendar, Dec 9th – Cities: Skylines
- Exploring the dark side of Cities: Skylines – Green Cities
These Indian Cities Have The Highest Number Of Electric Charging Stations have 643 words, post on www.carandbike.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.