Older but not necessarily any wiser, the boys are back. Our favorite trio is heading to France to check out some of the domestic cars, which are typically known for being among the quirkiest in the industry. Sending out strong old Top Gear format vibes, the trailer starts off with a “flying” Citroën C3 Pluriel and includes a lot of destruction and mayhem, varying from dropping a 2CV to abusing the hell out of a poor Renault Scenic.
From throwing a Citroën Berlingo off a cliff to racing some old hot hatchbacks – including the original Renault Megane RS, “Carnage a Trois” seems to focus more on cars than any other The Grand Tour special in recent memory. Those wondering what sort of contraption appears at the 0:28, the weird car featuring a large propeller is the rather obscure Leyat Hélica aka “The Plane without Wings.”
Have You Seen The Previous Special?
The trailer gives us the impression one of the cars prominently featured in the special is a lovely Citroën SM, which is hands down one of the most interesting cars ever made by the company with the double chevron logo. For whatever reason, it would seem that Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond are blowing up a BMW 5 Series Touring from the E61 generation. That’s obviously not a French car, so we’re interested to find out the story behind the explosion.
Aside from visiting the country’s beautiful countryside, the boys also head to town where the “Hamster” is not exactly careful while parking the Scenic minivan. He admits he has a soft spot for the SM and would like to own one, and Clarkson is also particularly fond of the oddly designed sports coupe of the 1970s.
“The Grand Tour Presents: Carnage A Trois” will be out on Amazon Prime on December 17.
Source: The Grand Tour
- Amazon is turning its ‘Grand Tour’ car show into a video game
- The ultimate French weekend getaway? A grand tour of the Champagne region, which is bubbling with picturesque villages, exquisite hotels and, of course, top fizz
- The best Amazon Original series available now (December 2019)
- Top Gear America Returns This Spring With Three New Hosts
- 25 things you absolutely need to know about Top Gear's 25th series
- Great exhibitions: 2017's best art, photography, architecture and design
- JAN MOIR: Tittering Trudeau shows just how low our smug and infantile leaders have sunk
- Run the Jewels: How 2014’s Brashest Rap Duo Came Back From Oblivion
- Britpop casualties: 'It felt like we crashed someone else's party'
- The 20 best films of 2016
- A runaway winner! Man fleeing from leopard as it mauls his neighbour is just one brilliant image to make it onto AFP's best photos of 2019 list
- Daft Punk: All Hail Our Robot Overlords
- From prime ministerial eggings to awkward greetings: The weirdest and wackiest moments of the 2019 federal election campaign revealed - as 16 million voters go to the polls
- Best films of 2011
- Celebrity deaths 2019: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year
- Renée Zellweger’s Lost Decade
- The VERY wild one: He took hundreds of lovers of both sexes but, as a new biography reveals, the only woman Marlon Brando ever truly loved took revenge on him — by sleeping with his teenage son, writes TOM LEONARD
- Michel Legrand obituary
The Grand Tour Carnage A Trois Trailer Is Full Of Quirky French Cars have 576 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.