GLASGOW — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính has met with representatives from more than 40 UK enterprises in Edinburgh, Scotland, on November 3 (local time). The businesses operate in finance, banking, investment and asset management, auditing and insurance.
The PM emphasised Việt Nam's views on investment cooperation based on a harmony of interests and the sharing of risks.
Regarding investment opportunities and advantages in Việt Nam, he said the country has a stable political environment with a foreign policy of self-reliance, diversification and multilateralisation. The country is also a good friend, reliable partner, and a responsible member of the international community.
Việt Nam is integrating extensively into the world. The country has signed 17 free trade agreements, including with major markets, Chính remarked.
He also introduced Việt Nam's consistent policy towards investors, along with its advantages in terms of human resources, natural conditions, social setting and sustainable development policies.
At the meeting, VinaCapital General Director Don Lam said Việt Nam is expected to restore its strong growth trend and have many investment opportunities after the COVID-19 is brought under control.
According to Don Lam, the participating businesses will invest some US$10 billion in Việt Nam.
Prior to the meeting, the PM had a separate meeting with Don Lam, during which he called on VinaCapital to pour investments in financial centres in Việt Nam, as well as into the stock market.
Hectic schedule in the UK
Prime Minister Chính also met with leaders of foreign countries and international organisations on the sidelines of the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow, UK, on November 2 (local time).
The PM had meetings with Crown Prince Charles of the UK, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida, Indian PM Narendra Modi, Irish PM Micheál Martin, Kuwaiti PM Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, and US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry. He also hosted a reception for Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Rafael Grossi.
Meeting with Crown Prince Charles, PM Chính said Việt Nam is determined to utilise the strength of both its public and private sectors to meet the goal of net-zero emissions. A shift to a green, circular economy will contribute to protecting the earth.
He called on the UK to cooperate and support Việt Nam in bringing into play public-private partnerships, institutions, finance, technologies and personnel training, helping the country implement relevant projects and programmes to achieve their targets.
For his part, Crown Prince Charles thanked PM Chính and his entourage for their active participation in COP26, as well as Việt Nam's contributions to a global climate change response.
The Crown Prince said he hopes for stronger cooperation between Việt Nam and the UK on environmental protection and biodiversity conservation, helping to promote a green, sustainable and low-carbon economy.
During the meeting with Japanese PM Kishida, both leaders agreed to further bilateral ties for the sake of the people of the two countries, and for regional and international prosperity.
They also exchanged views on many regional and international issues of shared concern, including climate change responses and coordination at regional and global forums.
The two PMs stressed the significance of maintaining peace, stability, security and safety of aviation and navigation in the East Sea and the East China Sea, saying disputes should be settled via peaceful measures and dialogues and in line with international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
At their meeting, PM Chính and his Indian counterpart Modi agreed to boost all-level meetings through party, state, government, and parliamentary channels.
The two sides will organise activities marking the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties next year, and work to improve people-to-people exchanges and cultural and tourism ties after the pandemic is brought under control.
Việt Nam and India will also strengthen collaboration in regional and international issues, and support each other in activities such as responding to climate change, maintaining peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and overflight in accordance with international law, especially 1982 UNCLOS.
Meanwhile, PM Chính and Irish PM Martin held that bilateral ties are developing well, and the two countries should further their cooperation in the time ahead, including high-level visits.
In their meeting, PM Chính and his Kuwaiti counterpart Al-Hamad Al-Sabah agreed to beef up the comprehensive relationship between the two countries, and pay more heed to joint investment projects, particularly those in the field of oil and gas.
Receiving IAEA Director-General Grossi, PM Chính thanked the agency for its supply of equipment, bioproducts and materials and the transfer of technology of COVID-19 testing to Việt Nam.
Grossi affirmed that the agency stands ready to aid Việt Nam and provide technical consultancy for the country in this field.
Meeting with US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate Kerry, PM Chính said Việt Nam has joined the Glasgow Leaders’ Declaration on Forests and Land Use, the Global Methane Pledge, and the international action on adaptation to climate change.
Việt Nam would like to receive support from the US to complete the targets, he added.
For his part, Kerry spoke highly of PM Chính's speech at COP26 and Việt Nam's determination, saying the US backs Việt Nam in its efforts to cope with climate change and promote Việt Nam-US ties. — VNS
- Brexit latest: Joe Biden's furious warning to UK as 'Frost tears up EU deal'
- Coronavirus UK news: Lorry drivers & factory staff among critical workers exempt from isolation as ‘pingdemic’ rages on
- Lightning tracker LIVE: Road 'destroyed' as UK blitzed by 2k bolts TODAY –'danger to life'
- Coronavirus UK news – Amber list quarantine to be AXED for anybody vaccinated in US or EU as covid pingdemic rages on
- Brexit news: UK vindicated as Ireland turns on 'draconian' EU - industry chiefs blow top
- Brexit LIVE: Frost to present solution that sets UK industry free from red tape nightmare
- Covid: England's regional tiers to be set out
- Coronavirus: Campaign to encourage workers back to offices
- Covid: What the tier rules say about the split between science and politics
- Millennium Dome was almost named after Princess Diana - 5 revelations from UK's archives
- Oil tanker hijack: Boris sends in special forces after Iran attack off UAE coast
- Row as Boris Johnson says Thatcher gave UK 'early start' in climate change fight by closing coal mines
- Brexit LIVE: Brexiteer rock legend Roger Daltrey erupts at Boris Johnson's EU deal
- Global climate summit: US targets 50% emissions cut by 2030
- Cabinet reshuffle LIVE: Boris RIPS UP Establishment rules to fire up Brexit Britain
- Brexit LIVE: He still doesn't get it! Corbyn blames MPs for failure... NOT his EU policy
- Brexit LIVE: Number 10 calls offer to compromise on fishing b*****ks – prepare for no deal
- Rishi Sunak told to 'check the manifesto' after urging young people to return to the office
Prime Minister meets UK business community and world leaders in Scotland have 1163 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 4, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.