The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV has been off to a stellar start since its launch, which took place in December 2020. The Japanese carmaker recently announced that it has reached a milestone of 30,000 deliveries of the Magnite in less than a year since its launch in the Indian car market. The company managed to achieve this feat despite challenging conditions like the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing chip shortage. Nissan India also confirmed that it has received over 72,000 bookings for the SUV.
(L-R) Nissan Magnite customer with his family, Guillaume Cartier, dealer principal, Sinan Ozkok, Joni Pavia, and Rakesh Srivastava
Guillaume Cartier, Nissan AMIEO Chairperson, for Africa, Middle East, India, Europe and Oceania region, handed over the keys of the 30,000th Magnite to the customer during a ceremony at the dealership in Gurgaon. The chairperson also presented Nissan Global President’s Award to the Nissan India team for the launch of Nissan Magnite, a first for Nissan India operations.
Biju Balendran, MD & CEO, RNAIPL, said, “We are glad to have rolled-out 30,000th Nissan Magnite. We have been able to achieve this milestone with the help and support from all our supplier partners. We are now excited and working round-the-clock to deliver high-quality cars at the earliest to our discerning customers. And the GNPA award is another feather in the cap for the Nissan Magnite.
The Nissan Magnite is the brand’s first subcompact SUV in the Indian market, based on the same CMF-A+ platform that underpins its cousin – the Renault Kiger. The SUV is available in four main trims – XE, XL, XV and XV Premium, which are further classified into 20 different grades, based on optional features, along with engine and transmission choices. Prices for the SUV begin from ₹ 5.71 lakh, going up to ₹ 9.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said, “Launch of the all-new Nissan Magnite has proven itself to be a game-changer, redefining value in the SUV segment. Multiple awards from media and now this very special recognition of the Global Nissan President Award is a proud moment for the Nissan India family. We thank the teams for their innovation, efforts and dedicate this award to the Customers for their love for Nissan Magnite making it a Big Bold Beautiful success. Cumulative bookings stand at over 72,000, a testament to the car’s popularity amongst the discerning Indian customer.”
The Magnite SUV comes with a choice of two petrol engine options – a 1.0 litre naturally aspirated motor and a 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit. While the former is tuned to make around 71 bhp and 96 Nm of torque, the latter churns 99 bhp and 160 Nm torque. Transmission options include a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the turbo petrol unit also comes with an optional CVT automatic unit. The CVT variant offers slightly less torque at 152 Nm.
- Exclusive: Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units, Third Shift Begins To Reduce Waiting Period
- Nissan Magnite Turbo Variants Receive Price Hike Of Rs. 30,000
- Nissan Magnite Subcompact SUV Bookings Begin In India
- Made In India Nissan Magnite Goes On Sale In South Africa
- Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- Nissan India Begins Magnite Exports To Nepal, Indonesia And South Africa
- Nissan begins exports of Magnite to Indonesia, South Africa and Nepal
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- Nissan Dealers Want The Xterra Back
- Top Executive Trying To Save Nissan Decides He'd Rather Not
- Best Art Books of 2019
- SCDHB anticipates new national booking system will iron out glitches
- The 2020 Ford Explorer shows why you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover
- Barbara Bush & 'Nemesis' Nancy Reagan: New Book Reveals Real Story of Their Difficult Relationship
- Will the Left Go Too Far?
- South Korea's Kakao Books Record-High Revenue On Gaming And Music
- ధర భారీగా పెరిగిన ఏ మాత్రం తగ్గని క్రేజ్.. ఇప్పటికే 50,000లకి పైగా బుకింగ్స్!
- ‘Sanctuary: A Memoir,’ by Emily Rapp Black: An Excerpt
Nissan Magnite Deliveries Breach 30,000 Mark; Over 72,000 Bookings So Far have 663 words, post on www.carandbike.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.