Rapper Megan Thee Stallion is canceling her upcoming concert at Live Nation’s 713 Music Hall in Houston Friday “out of respect” for victims of the Astroworld Festival tragedy which left 10 people dead and hundreds injured.
“Houston is still healing and it’s important that our community be given the appropriate time to grieve,” the Houston native said in a statement to the Houston Chronicle. “My heart goes out to all the families that are suffering during this difficult time.”
The 26-year-old would have been one of the first artists to perform at the new live music venue inside of POST Houston , formerly home to the city’s massive Barbara Jordan Post Office.
Other local events have also been impacted following the deadly crowd crush at rapper Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival during its opening night on November 5. Houston’s Open Concert Series, which was scheduled for Nov. 11 through Nov. 14, was canceled in light of the events.
Tickets for Billy Joel’s show at Minute Maid Park on September 23, 2022, which was announced just prior to the festival, were supposed to go on sale in November but sales were delayed until further notice after Astroworld “out of respect for the Houston community.”
An art show described as a “love letter” to the Astroworld theme park hosted by Super Happy Incredible Toys, located in the Heights area, was also postponed in wake of the tragedy.
“It would be a shame for our beloved Astroworld to be forever tainted by this terrible recent event,” the toy store wrote in a Facebook post . “We have every intention of making what would’ve been the greatest art show of 2021 now the greatest art show of 2022.”
- No Plea Deal in Tory Lanez Assault Case Involving Megan Thee Stallion
- Watch Megan Thee Stallion retain her 'H-Town Hottie' title, suffer through spicy wings on 'Hot Ones'
- I Can Confirm Megan Thee Stallion’s Popeyes Hottie Sauce Is Elite Brand Synergy
- Houston heroes and villains you should be for Halloween this year
- Harry Styles, Lizzo, and More Horrifyingly Good Celeb Halloween Costumes
- Beats Fit Pro Review: The Best Beats (or Apple) Buds So Far | Digital Trends
- Checking In on the Retail Sector
- Merriam-Webster promoted a word game littered with offensive terms - the latest reckoning over language in the puzzle world
- Abortion Clinic Escorts Say Protesters Are Feeling Emboldened: “I’m Fighting For My Granddaughters Now”
- For These Abortion Clinic Escorts, The Vitriol From Protesters Has Gotten Way Worse As States Try To Restrict Access
- Celebrity deaths 2021: Stars we’ve lost including Walter Smith and James Michael Tyler
Megan Thee Stallion cancels upcoming Houston concert 'out of respect' for Astroworld victims have 431 words, post on www.chron.com at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.