The Mazda CX-5 has been the automaker’s best-seller this year so far, recording over 130,000 units sold as of date. It’s a strong contender, so to speak, and Mazda is about to reinforce the model with another crossover that bears a similar nameplate, albeit with a small variation.
Mazda has confirmed the CX-50’s arrival as the start of the crossover barrage up to CX-90 . Unlike previous reports though, it won’t be replacing the CX-5 in the lineup. In fact, it’s bound to add 150,000 units to Mazda’s US sales – that’s if we’re to take Mazda CEO Akira Marumoto’s word, speaking to Automotive News .
Gallery: 2023 Mazda CX-50 patent images
According to Marumoto, the CX-50’s introduction is an attempt to bolster and expand the automaker’s SUV lineup. The US is an important market for the brand, representing around 70 percent of its global sales. The CX-50 is meant to strengthen Mazda’s foothold in the SUV -hungry market.
“We have developed the car in line with requests from North American customers, so we have high expectations for the CX-50,” Marumoto told Automotive News .
Marumoto said that the CX-50 will be around the same size as the CX-5 but it will have a wider tread and bigger cargo room, which should suit the American customers’ tastes.
CX-50 Vs CX-5:
The Mazda CX-50 is expected to have its global reveal on November 15 based on the latest teaser that came out this week. It’s bound to enter production in January 2022, to be built side-by-side with the Corolla Cross in the new Toyota-Mazda factory in Alabama .
Pricing for the Mazda CX-50 is yet to be revealed, though it’s safe to say that it should command a little bit of premium over the CX-5, as with the case of the CX-30 over the CX-3.
Source: Automotive News
- Facelifted Mazda CX-3 still strong contender in compact crossover sector
- Strong sales for Mazda
- Paul Pogba strikes twice as Manchester United continue revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with win over Huddersfield
- GM sees higher 2019 profits on job cuts, solid US, China sales
- Revealed: How much you can expect to pay for your wedding
- A White Glove Sale
- Sam Peters: 'I knew Sale Sharks' Steve Diamond was a bully
- Brace yourself and your pets for the big freeze with cosy but not costly outfits — plus bargain £9.50 breaks with The Sun
- Housing sales to foreigners in Turkey set record in 2018 with 78.4 percent increase
- Manchester United vs Brighton, Premier League: live score and latest updates
- Richard Dunne: 'Man United will park the bus at Anfield and that approach will test Liverpool'
- Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley grants takeover groups extra time to submit acceptable offers
- Liverpool hold talks with Chelsea striker; Man United could sign World Cup star
- Bosch Group's 2018 sales reach historic high of EUR 77.9 billion
- Liverpool's THREE transfer targets as United eye German defender
- TOM DUTHIE: Csaba Laszlo hangover could be costing Dundee United
- Debenhams announces Christmas sales drop
- UK Investors forecast returns of 8.1 per cent – with UK millennials expecting more
Mazda CX-50 Expected To Add 150,000 Units To Automaker's US Sales have 526 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 14, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.