Like the Porsche 911, the Chevrolet Corvette crowd is a rabidly loyal, and purist, bunch. Something as trivial as changing the headlights are enough to cause a massive debate. So you can imagine the reaction of some current C8 owners in GM’s latest survey.
According to the Mid Engine Corvette Forum , several owners have been receiving a questionnaire regarding an electric model, along with options and subscription services they might like. The survey comes from GM, and reactions have been mixed. Perhaps that last bit is unsurprising given the cult following of this sports car.
Browsing at the forums, reactions ranged from owners embracing the future, to those who wouldn’t touch an EV with a ten-foot pole. While the latter is no surprise, it’s also interesting to see Corvette owners open to a plug-in version of their beloved sports car. Mind you, the only ones sent these surveys are C8 owners, and it wasn’t likely a massive sample size. Either way, the fact that GM is asking this question means they are considering an electric Corvette down the line.
Here’s What We Think Of The C8 Corvette:
So does this mean the next-gen Corvette will be an EV? Hold your horses, as we’re barely two years in the C8’s life cycle. That said, there is a hybrid coming soon. Dubbed the E-Ray , it is said to pack a total system output of about 650 horsepower (485 kilowatts), and it might even come with all-wheel drive. Should that be a hit, it might make the idea of an all-electric Corvette more palatable for its die-hard fans.
The C8 Corvette is still early in its production life. That means there’s still a lot of room for high-performance models, along with other unique and special editions. It could be said that this generation is the most revolutionary in the last 40 years. With the way things are going and the pace of development these days, the C8 might even be the test bed for future performance vehicle technologies.
- Who made my car? A comprehensive guide to today’s car conglomerates
- Genovation Corvette EV entering production with $750k price
- Chevrolet Is Cutting Corvette C7 Price By Up To $9,404
- 2020 North American Car, Truck, And SUV Of The Year Nominees Announced
- Truck owners prefer GM and Ford over Tesla Cybertruck, new study says
- No, it won't be a Holden Corvette
- SF's most fanatical sports bar where the fans aren't rooting for a local team
- Chargers, châteaux and the Channel Tunnel: can you really do a driving holiday in a Tesla?
- Underdog eat underdog: the victims of football’s greatest fairytale
- Miller's Hall candidacy split MLB, just like union tenure
- General Motors doubling down on big SUVs, unveils longer Chevy Tahoe, Suburban
- Jay Leno takes the gorgeous Jensen Interceptor for a spin
- ’s high-end bonuses: HDR is incredible, but VR is not
- Miller’s Hall candidacy split MLB, just like union tenure
- How did the new Camaro ZL1 cut 12 seconds off the old one’s Nürburgring time?
- Can You Indemnify Against Dick Pics?
- Guide to autonomous vehicles: What business leaders need to know
- The Verge’s gadgets of the decade
GM Survey Asking Corvette C8 Owners About Electric Sports Car have 556 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.