Earlier this month, we shared an unofficial rendering of the refreshed Ford Escape for the North American market. Known as the Kuga in Europe, the crossover was spied a few days later to reveal more of its actual design. Based on these spy photos, our colleagues and friends from Kolesa.ru created these exclusive and detailed renderings to give a better preview of the updated model.
As seen in the spy photos, the front end of the Escape will be redesigned to accommodate a slightly larger radiator grille with more pronounced air openings. It is flanked on either side by narrower and sleeker headlights, most likely featuring LED technology with cornering and automatic high beam functions. Below that, in the bumper, there's a new lower grille with a trapezoidal shape and a new internal pattern. Surrounding it is a pair of new air intakes channeling fresh air to the engine and brakes.
Gallery: Ford Escape / Kuga facelift renderings
Things are way more restrained at the back where the overall design is mostly unchanged, though there are some small tweaks visible in this rendering. The taillights, for example, should feature a new appearance with clear lenses, while the lower part of the bumper will likely get a redesigned diffuser with integrated chrome pipes. It's worth noting that this rendering depicts the top-of-the-line Kuga Vignale for the European market, which currently doesn't have an equivalent in the United States.
The Escape’s Alternatives:
Speaking of the two markets, we don't expect changes under the hood on both sides of the big pond. In North America, customers will be able to choose from a base 1.5-liter three-cylinder unit and a 2.0-liter turbocharged four, plus two hybrids, including a PHEV, with a 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle ICE. In Europe, there's also a 2.0-liter EcoBlue diesel, and all these versions are sold with standard or optional eight-speed transmission.
- Ford Fusion / Mondeo Successor Rendered After Recent Spy Shots
- Ford Focus Wagon Facelift Spied As Refreshed Forbidden Fruit
- Hot Ford Focus Prototype Spied With Bigger Rear Spoiler [UPDATE]
- Honda CRX Reimagined With Modern Twist In Unofficial Rendering
- Skoda Octavia facelift spied for the first time as new details emerge
- 2023 Mercedes GLE Spied Wearing More Camo Than Before
- Is This The 2019 Ford Ranger's New Grille?
- 2022 Lincoln Navigator Facelift Teased With Redesigned Headlights
- Most Expensive 2018 Ford Mustang Costs $58,760
- A Brief History Of Gasoline: How Standard Oil Got Away With It
- Kia Program Organizes At-Home Carnival And Niro EV Test Drives
- What is Apple CarPlay? How to turn your car into a moving iPhone
- Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 Update is Live With Hundreds Of Fixes
- Celebrity deaths 2020: Famous faces we've lost from Barbara Windsor to Caroline Flack
- The suburban Bay Area homes that were supposed to depict a California 'every town' now cost millions
- Alec Baldwin Gets Under Trump’s Skin
Ford Escape / Kuga Facelift Rendered After The First Spy Photos have 504 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.