A longtime pilot for the late financier Jeffrey Epstein resumed his testimony at Ghislaine Maxwell s sex trafficking trial Tuesday, saying that the British socialite charged with helping the financier find teenage girls to sexually abuse was "Number 2" in the hierarchy of Epstein’s operations.
Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr. is the first witness in the sex trafficking trial of Maxwell, 59, a woman who traveled for decades in circles that put her in contact with accomplished and wealthy people before her July 2020 arrest.
Asked where Maxwell stood in the hierarchy of Epstein’s world, Visoski said Maxwell "was the Number 2." He added that "Epstein was the big Number 1."
The testimony supports what Assistant U.S. Attorney Lara Pomerantz told jurors in her opening statement Monday when she said Epstein and Maxwell were "partners in crime."
Pomerantz said Maxwell recruited and groomed girls for Epstein to sexually abuse from 1994 to at least 2004.
Maxwell has pleaded not guilty and her lawyer says she's being made a scapegoat for Epstein's bad behavior.
Visoski testified briefly on Monday before beginning Tuesday on the witness stand. Prosecutors have used his testimony to show jurors photographs of Epstein's homes and properties.
Epstein killed himself in his Manhattan jail cell in August 2019 as he awaited a sex trafficking trial.
Maxwell has been held without bail since her arrest on charges alleging she recruited teenage girls for Epstein to abuse from 1994 to 1997. Earlier this year, the indictment against her was expanded to accuse her of continuing to aid Epstein’s sexual abuse of teenagers from 1997 to 2004.
- Ghislaine Maxwell 'attended a secret writers' retreat hosted by Jeff Bezos in 2018 with her tech CEO boyfriend Scott Borgerson'
- ‘I’d rip you like a rag doll’: Rae Carruth’s trial unfolds with life-or-death stakes
- Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- College basketball corruption trial: Brian Bowen's father makes explosive allegations against several schools
- Deandre Ayton mentioned in testimony during FBI’s college basketball corruption trial
- Why the judge in the college basketball corruption trial isn't allowing the defense to criticize the NCAA
- Car Guys & Gals You Should Know About – Roy Lunn’s Resume: Ford GT40, Boss 429 Mustang, Jeep XJ Cherokee, AMC Eagle 4X4 and More!
- The 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans: Trials, Tribulations, and Triumph
- 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI (US‑Spec)
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat R‑Line (US‑Spec)
- 2017 Volkswagen Golf R (US‑Spec)
- Ex-Mets favorite Wally Backman still seeks path back to majors, with past he can't shake
- All the Incredible New Comic Series to Cozy Up With This Fall
- Here are 68 thoughts and predictions to get you excited for the 2018-19 college basketball season
- Bloodhound (SSC) Gang: Behind the Scenes with the Team Shooting for a 1000-mph Land-Speed Record
- 2015 Doncaster Mile preview and tips
- Vinasun’s lawsuit against Grab suspended again
- Bark’s Bites: This Is Not The One Lap of America FR-S, Per SE
Epstein pilot resumes testimony at Ghislaine Maxwell trial have 511 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.