The price of diesel will fall below 28 baht per litre after energy officials decided to reduce the proportion of palm oil-derived methyl ester to only 7% and postponed the 10% and 20% methyl ester blended diesel from next month to March 2022.
Biodiesel B7 is a mix of diesel and 7% methyl ester, part of the state’s efforts to reduce dependence on oil and support palm oil prices.
The reference price of methyl ester stands at 46.88 baht a litre while the ex-refinery price of biodiesel B7 is 20.3 baht a litre.
More methyl ester in biodiesel means a higher oil price at a time of the global oil price surge.
The Energy Policy Administration Committee (EPAC) decided that oil retailers would sell only biodiesel B7.
The move will lower the price of diesel in Bangkok and its vicinity to less than 28 baht a litre, said Wattanapong Kurovat, director-general of the Energy Policy and Planning Office (Eppo).
“We have discussed with truck operators and the business sector before making the decision and they are okay with this measure,” he said.
EPAC, chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister Supattanapong Punmeechaow, also resolved to have oil traders maintain the oil trade margin at no more than 1.4 baht per litre, down from 1.8-2 baht per litre.
Mr Wattanapong said retail prices of B7, B10 and B20 range between 28.59-28.8 baht a litre, with subsidies from the fuel fund at 1.99, 2.56 and 4.8 baht a litre, respectively.
Under the sales of single grade biodiesel B7, the subsidies will fall to 2.95 billion baht a month, down from 4 billion baht a month, from Dec 1.
In another development, Eppo yesterday announced plans to add 1 gigawatt of electricity produced by clean energy resources between 2021 and 2030 in line with the state plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
The 1GW additional electricity includes an increase of power imports from hydroelectric plants in neighbouring countries to 2,766 megawatts, up from 1,400MW in a previous plan.
Electricity from wind energy and waste-to-energy power plants will also increase.
However, electricity from solar energy, biomass and biogas will be reduced.
Gas- and coal-based power generation will also be reduced, with electricity from coal-fired power plants to fall to zero, down from 600MW.
In the next 10 years, the proportion of renewable energy used to produce electricity will increase to 26% of total fuels, up from the current 23%, said Veerapat Kiatfuengfoo, Eppo’s deputy director-general.
- Brazil says not to increase tax to pay for diesel price cut
- Shriram Transport share price falls 3% after S&P changes outlook to negative
- Zimbabwe protests after petrol and diesel price hike
- Younger drivers see car insurance prices fall – and older drivers are footing the bill, report shows
- UK inflation at three-year low of 1.5% as energy prices fall
- What is the UK diesel car ‘toxin tax’, which towns are affected by the policy and what was announced in the Budget 2017 by Philip Hammond?
- 49 Must-See Art Shows Opening This Fall
- House prices up 4% – did anyone predict this rise?
- Sydney set for more property falls, but some NSW towns and suburbs are fighting back
- House price surge in Sydney and Melbourne drags national index higher
- Grain prices may drop in Jan on rabi harvest
- Maruti Suzuki share price gains on BofAML upgrade
- Diesel On Full Guard Smartwatch review
- Supreme Court refuses to lift ban on diesel cars’ registration in Delhi and NCR
- What you'd spend to prevent climate change — and what you could get with your money
- Retailers slash prices by up to 80% in biggest pre-Christmas discounts EVER as High Street shops and online traders go head to head in battle for a slice of Britain's £82bn festive splurge
- UK house price growth to slow dramatically in 2018, say experts
- Auction clearance rates point to rising house prices, but is it sustainable?
Diesel price to fall after change of blend have 633 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.