Listen to this article
In a sea of small crossovers, the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross has been eclipsed by the competition, at least in terms of the attention received from the media. We admit we’ve rarely talked about the subcompact crossover, even though it has been around for quite a while. Originally introduced in 2006 and sold in some European markets as a Fiat Sedici, the B-segment model is now entering its third generation by eschewing the “SX4” prefix.
Its predecessor certainly wasn’t the most attractive model in its class, but the new one is a step in the right direction as it looks far more grown-up and rugged to complement its all-wheel-drive nature. Manufactured in Hungary, the new S-Cross adopts a much large piano black front grille flanked by three-point LED headlights lending it a modern appearance. The chunkier wheel arches with plastic body cladding in black also contribute to the crossover look more than its predecessor .
Gallery: 2022 Suzuki S-Cross
Significant changes have occurred at the back as well since the Suzuki S-Cross now has clear taillights much wider than those of the old model. The designers also tweaked the bumper to accentuate its outdoorsy nature and there’s a plastic skid plate both front and rear. It’s still a soft-roader at the end of the day, but it does at least look more capable than the model it replaces.
While the Japanese brand says it’s an “all-new” model and a “complete changeover,” we can’t help but notice it looks more along the lines of a heavy facelift. That’s especially true if you check out the vehicle’s dimensions, which have remained virtually the same. It’s 4,300 millimeters long, 1,785 mm wide, and 1,585 mm tall, with a wheelbase measuring 2,600 mm. All three numbers are identical to those of the second-gen SX4 S-Cross.
What Has Suzuki Been Up To Lately?
The placement of the door mirrors also betrays the car’s true identity, and we could say the same thing about the interior where the side vents appear to have been carried over. There is a new nine-inch touchscreen mounted at the top of the center console, complete with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, but everything else looks very familiar. Be it the climate controls, drive mode selector, or the gear lever for the six-speed manual, we’ve seen all of them before.
Open the hood and you’ll find a turbocharged 1.4-liter gasoline engine equipped with mild-hybrid tech and developing 127 horsepower (95 kilowatts) and 235 Newton-meters (173 pound-feet) of torque. It’s borrowed from the updated Swift Sport and does 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 9.5 seconds or 10.2 seconds if you opt for the four-wheel-drive model carrying the Allgrip badge. Aside from the six-speed manual we mentioned before, there’s also an automatic with the same number of gears.
Sales are programmed to start in Europe next month, with Latin America, Oceania, and Asia to follow in 2022.
- Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Briefly Spied With Odd Camo
- Heather Rae Young of 'Selling Sunset' Reveals Top Tips That Help Glam Up a House
- PS5 games list: every PlayStation 5 exclusive and cross-gen game announced so far
- 2021 SEAT Ateca Facelift Revealed With Rugged Xperience Trim
- 2021 Ford F-150 Redesign Revealed With Hybrid Version, Clever Features
- 2021 Toyota Fortuner Revealed With More Power And Technology
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan Debuts With Familial Facelift, More Safety Tech
- 2022 Genesis G70 Sedan Spied Showing Its Big-Grin Facelift
- Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Spied Testing With Sedan Counterpart
- 2022 Genesis G70 Facelift Fully Revealed In Leaked Photos
- 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed With Bold Design And New Platform
- From email alerts to codes, Coupon Queen Maddy Tooke reveals how to pay less on your next shop with these clever hacks
- 2015 Ford Edge officially revealed, goes on sale early next year [videos]
- PS5 Reveal Event: Every Next-Gen Game Announced By Sony
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rendered Showing Sharper Styling
- PlayStation 5: Everything We Know About It -- Reveal Event, Launch Games, PS5 Release Date Rumors, And More
- PlayStation 5: Everything We Know -- Launch Games, Reveal, PS5 Release Date Rumors, And More
- Animal Crossing's First Summer Update Is Available Now
2022 Suzuki S-Cross Revealed With Rugged Styling And Clear Taillights have 710 words, post on www.motor1.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.