MCDONOUGH, Ga. (AP) — A Kentucky woman is accused of threatening a Georgia judge and his family after he dismissed a lawsuit that sought to review absentee ballots from the 2020 election to see if any were fraudulent.
The Henry County Sheriff’s Office said Erin Northup, 42, is accused of leaving a threatening voicemail with the judicial assistant to Henry County Superior Court Judge Brian Amero, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Details of the call were not released.
Amero last week dismissed a lawsuit alleging fraud in Fulton County during last year’s election and sought a review of some 147,000 absentee ballots. The lawsuit relied heavily on sworn affidavits from several people who participated in a hand recount of the ballots and said they saw suspicious-looking ballots.
The ballot review effort in Fulton County was one of a number of similar reviews and audits sought by supporters of former President Donald Trump and others, alleging fraud during the 2020 general election. State and federal election officials have repeatedly said there was no evidence of widespread fraud.
Amero’s order dismissing the lawsuit said the nine voters who filed it failed to allege that they have been affected personally and individually and, therefore, lack standing to sue. His ruling came a day after the Georgia secretary of state filed a brief saying investigators were unable to find any counterfeit or fraudulent ballots that matched the descriptions given by the people who swore affidavits.
Northup is charged with making a terrorist threat, a felony. She was arrested by police in Louisville, Kentucky, on Friday and is awaiting extradition to Georgia, the newspaper reported. No one answered the phone Thursday at a number listed for Northup.
- Despite harsh reviews, Trump resists new debate approach
- NY judge makes morning-after pill available to all
- Tokyo elects Yuriko Koike as first woman governor
- A judge ordered the release of hundreds of pages of Trump University documents
- Ted Cruz’s ‘natural-born’ citizenship will be challenged in front of a judge for the first time
- Google’s self-driving-car company is suing Uber, accusing it of stealing its technology
- Panama Papers threaten Macri’s shine in Argentina
- Too white, too male: Oscars accused over nominees
- Court refuses to revive defamation suit against Bill Cosby
- HK woman guilty in Indonesian maid ‘torture’ case
- The company that’s supposed to protect America’s cops is being accused of some shady stuff
- SC to resolve Duterte’s immunity from suit
- ‘God created man for woman’: The father of the Orlando shooter has gone on a media spree — and his comments are telling
- Chris Brown fires back at ‘false’ assault allegations with insulting video and threatens lawsuits
- Fox News is locked in a brutal war of words with Gretchen Carlson, and it shows no signs of ending soon
- Davao City mayor demands apology from Mega Harbour
- RuPaul's Drag Race
- Top 10 Disappointing Moments Black People Experienced in 2017
Woman accused of threatening judge over ballot review suit have 463 words, post on www.chron.com at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.