A 37-year-old man was arrested and charged with murder after allegedly torturing his eight-year-old stepson and fatally assaulting him, police said.
Wirat Sae Heng, a native of Songkhla who worked as a mechanic in Saraburi, was nabbed on Wednesday evening in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Kui Buri district while on the run.
Police launched a manhunt after he was identified as a suspect in the death of the eight-year-old boy in Sara Buri’s Nong Khae district. The child was rushed to Nong Khae Hospital early on Wednesday with multiple injuries and was pronounced dead.
According to an initial investigation, the assault took place on Tuesday night at the house the suspect shared with his 33-year-old girlfriend and her two children, the victim and a 16-year-old girl.
Mr Wirat, who was reportedly drunk, tied the child up and repeatedly whipped him with a power cable. Instead of releasing the child, he left him there and went to bed, police said.
When he woke up at about midnight, he had the boy urinate in a bottle and then made him drink his own urine. He allegedly kicked the boy several times before he passed out.
Mr Wirat then allegedly untied the child and tried to wake him. He claims he woke the boy’s mother up and took the boy to the hospital. After that, he went home, packed his bags and drove off on his motorcycle.
Police found a power cable and a bottle with urine in it when they searched the house for evidence.
According to police, Mr Wirat had a history of violence against his stepson, allegedly hitting him and scolding him for not doing his homework.
The suspect admitted assaulting the child once. He was handed over to police in Nong Khae district and charged with torture, homicide and illegal detention causing death.
He was almost lynched while escorted by authorities from the house, with onlookers throwing objects at him.
- Italy puts 4 Egyptians under investigation in torture death
- Samuel Olson case: Theresa Balboa charged with capital murder in Texas boy’s death
- ABC probes death of boy found in creek
- Torturer’s Apprentice
- How U.S. Torture Left a Legacy of Damaged Minds
- Lawsuit Aims to Hold 2 Contractors Accountable for C.I.A. Torture
- DEATH OF POL POT; Pol Pot, Brutal Dictator Who Forced Cambodians to Killing Fields, Dies at 73
- One-year-old boy ‘buried’ by NGO official rescued
- Judge Permits Information From C.I.A. Torture in Terror Case
- C.I.A. Torture Left Scars on Guantánamo Prisoner’s Psyche for Years
- Indian Red Boy shot dead latest – The Game says his lyric about ‘disrespecting’ Nipsey Hussle wasn’t about slain rapper
- Haiti's Interim Prime Minister Says Late Pres. Moise Was Tortured to Death by Mercs, Vows Justice
- Police officers in custodial death of Dalit woman dismissed in Telangana
- Gerald Pizzuto Jr., terminally ill Idaho death row inmate, granted stay of execution
- What was Indian Red Boy doing in the Instagram Live video?
- Indian Red Boy shot dead latest – Rapper killing on Instagram live video ‘wasn’t over defaced Nipsey Hussle mural in LA’
- Boy, 4, ‘snatched from his bed, stabbed to death and left in street by kidnapper, 18, wearing ankle monitor’
- Death of baby found in UK canal treated as murder - £5,000 reward offered
Suspect nabbed in boy's torture-death have 534 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.