The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is preparing to open the first section of Klong Chong Nonsi Linear Park from Sathon Road to Soi Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra 7 on Dec 25, modelling it after the famous Cheonggyecheon stream in South Korea.
The BMA says Klong Chong Nonsi Linear Park is intended to beautify the city’s landscape and increase the ratio of green spaces from the current 7.09 sqm per person to 10sqm by 2030.
Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang said the BMA’s Public Works Department has improved pavements and planted trees along the 200-metre length of the canal. It will increase the city’s green space and help ease air pollution.
“The highlight of this project is the advanced water management, built by the BMA’s Drainage and Sewerage Department. The idea is to have an advance water drainage system that can separate rain water from wastewater, which will be stored under the canal,” Pol Gen Aswin said.
The park is divided into five parts spanning Surawong Road to the Chao Phraya River for a length of 4.5km on both sides.
The first section to be completed is the second part of the park from Sathon Road to Soi Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra 7, while the rest of the park project are expected to finish by August next year.
- Orlando Water Parks Means Family Fun All Summer Long
- Arranging Your New Home With Your Existing Furniture - And Making it Look Great!
- The Model United Nations - A Teacher's Guide
- North Korea - Vacation in a Secret State (Part 3)
- What Do I Do on the Big Island? Visit Hilo's Lovely Metropolitan Parks
- New Book Offers Hope to Families in Understanding PTSD Suffered by War Veterans
- Finding Cheap Seoul Flights For Your Next Visit to South Korea
- Ranthambhore National Park
- WildLife Sanctuaries and National Parks of Andhra Pradesh
- Glacier Park Lodge
- London Car Hire - London Theme Parks - Legoland Windsor
- Water Parks in the US - Our Top 7
- Can You Be a Promotional Or Trade Show Model?
- Open Innovation - Are You a Part of it Yet?
- Open Source For Non-Profits
- Camping in Yosemite National Park - A Great Escape
- Number One Attraction in Atlanta is Stone Mountain Park
- Top 10 Restaurants to Dine at When Visiting New York - Written by a New Yorker
S Korea serves as model for new BMA park opening on Dec 25 have 373 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.