As the title fight between Red Bull and Mercedes heats up, Red Bull has found some extra help in its legendary chief technical officer Adrian Newey returning to duty after enduring a bike accident. Newey has been credited with the high rake concept of the Red Bull cars which for the first time in the turbo-hybrid era of the sport has challenged the dominance of Mercedes.
“We are well-positioned, but of course Newey is the figurehead. And his absence just from motivation is seen, and in the early stages, we didn’t know how serious the injury is. He had to go through several operations,” said Red Bull’s Helmut Marko.
Max Verstappen leads the world championship by just 6 points with just 7 races left
“He is now not fully fit but is ready to do his job and has immediately recognised the difficulties we had here [in Turkey] in terms of set-up. There will be a meeting with Verstappen in the upcoming week in Milton Keynes so that we are back on top in terms of the chassis,” he added.
In the last couple of races, there has been a distinct shift in the performance towards Mercedes even though Verstappen has managed to hold on to a lead against Lewis Hamilton. This shift has been particularly visible since Pirelli made its tyres stronger post the race in Silverstone.
Newey’s return could help offset the performance delta that’s in favor of Mercedes as his aerodynamic expertise could help Max Verstappen become a world champion. Mercedes has benefited from improved power unit performance as well which at the earlier half of the season wasn’t as apparent as Honda. Red Bull’s engine partner upped the ante with the power unit.
- Soyuz rocket in emergency landing after launch accident
- Recording: Troy cop disparages N. Greenbush chief, female witnesses
- Ex-jail officer told police he stole from grandfather for weekend with girlfriend
- Fired Manhattan Beach officers drank for 7 hours before crash, coverup
- Indonesia plane with 189 on board crashes after asking to return to base
- On the Job: We got out of the office and tried a few random jobs around Concord
- On the Job: I got out of the office and tried a few random jobs around Concord
- LIVE Arizona election updates: Winners declared as results roll in
- Arizona election updates: Winners declared as results roll in
- LIVE Arizona election updates: Polls closed; results expected at 8 p.m.
- The crashes that changed Formula One
- Investment Strategies for When You Don’t Know What Lies Ahead
- Why Trump’s Name Could Be Hurting His N.Y.C. Golf Course and Other City Concessions
- Lion Air crash search finds debris, belongings on seafloor
- History Space: How Vermonters responded to WWI
- LIVE Arizona election updates: Groups demand extended voting hours
- LIVE Arizona election updates: Man arrested at Goodyear polling site
- San Antonio back in the day: 1953
Red Bull's Legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey Returns To Duty After Accident have 485 words, post on www.carandbike.com at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.