The prices of some 204 goods and services have risen during the past 12 months, according to the Trade Policy and Strategy Office (TPSO).
Ronnarong Poonphiphat, the office’s director, yesterday unveiled price movements of goods and services during the past year, based on data used to put together the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
The CPI was calculated by comparing prices of 430 goods and services in seven categories of essential items — food and non-alcoholic beverages, clothes and shoes, housing, medical care and personal services, transport and communications, entertainment, reading and education, and tobacco and alcoholic beverages, he said.
The prices were compared with those during the base year and adjusted for inflation, he said, adding that inflation rose by 1.68% last month, compared to the same month last year. The rate was not high compared to other countries, he said.
For example, the average price of palm oil was 47.03 baht per litre last month and it has increased by 11.11 baht compared to the same month of the previous year while the average price of gasohol 91 was 30.43 baht per litre last month and it has now risen by 8.07 baht, compared to the same month of the previous year, he said.
However, the prices of another 69 goods and services remain unchanged, such as bus fares, and mobile phone fees, while the prices of 157 goods and services have fallen. For example, a kilogramme of pork sirloin which cost an average of 153.74 baht last month has fallen by 8.83 baht from the same month last year while a kilogramme of rice which cost an average of 39.54 baht has fallen by 4.90 baht from the same month the previous year.
- Despite what Mylan said, its price hikes hit patients’ wallets hard
- TVS Apache RTR 180 BS6 Receives A Second Price Hike This Year
- Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- TVS Jupiter BS6 Price Hike Announced Across All Trims: Here Is The New Price List
- Petrol, diesel price hike will hurt people, says Vasan
- TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6 Gets A Price Hike — Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Brits face price hikes at salons, dentists and care homes to cover staff PPE
- Diesel prices hiked, Petrol prices remain unchanged – Check fuel prices in metro cities on July 17, 2020
- U.S. Consumer Prices Show Inflation Remains Tame Amid Reopening and Gasoline Prices Hikes
- ACCC hauls Kogan to court for alleged price hiking before discounting, again
- TVS Ntorq 125 BS6 Prices Increase Marginally Across All Variants: Here Are The New Prices
- Tesla to raise prices in China earlier than planned
- Prices of Electronics Skyrocket in India as Imports From China Hit By Border Conflict, COVID-19
- Unbridled hike in fuel prices may force transporters to suspend operations, says AIMTC
- Xiaomi increases price of Redmi 8, Redmi Note 8 and Redmi 8A Dual, check new prices
- The US just raised tariffs on Chinese goods. China says it will hit back
- Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Sydney water bills will be slashed but prices rise during times of drought
Price hikes hit over 200 goods items have 493 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.