Skoda Auto India will host the world premiere of its upcoming compact sedan, the Skoda Slavia, in the second half of November 2021. Slated to go on sale in India in early 2022, the all-new Slavia will be the first sedan to be built on the company’s localised MQB A0-IN platform. Current Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen’s Taigun are the only two models based on the modular platform, which was specifically developed for the Indian market. It will be the second product from the Czech carmaker under the India 2.0 project.
The Skoda Slavia will go up against the likes of the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Verna in the compact sedan space
As of now, there has been no confirmation on whether the upcoming Slavia will replace the existing Skoda Rapid or will both co-exist. However, Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India had previously said that the Slavia will be positioned above the Rapid . Having said, that the Skoda Slavia will go up against the likes of the Honda City , Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Verna in the compact sedan space. And in case Skoda decides to continue selling the Rapid in India, the Slavia will somewhat fill in the huge gap that is currently there between the Rapid and the Octavia sedan.
The new Skoda Slavia is likely to share its powertrains and some of the features with the Kushaq compact SUV
Now, given the fact that the new Skoda Slavia will be based on the MQB A0-IN platform, it is possible that the car will share its powertrains and some of the features with the Kushaq compact SUV. So, it’s safe to assume that the car will get both, the 1.0-litre TSI three-cylinder engine and the 1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI that currently power the Kushaq. The latter being exclusively offered with the top-end variant, like with the Kushaq. We would expect the new Skoda sedan to be launched in the same price bracket as the Kushaq, which is between ₹ 10 lakh to ₹ 17 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof Make Global Debut
- Skoda unveils new-generation Octavia sedan
- You will hardly find any fault with the new Skoda Octavia RS
- Tata Nexon EV To Make Its Debut On December 16 Ahead Of Launch In India
- There’s a lot of juice in banks, infra and new age consumption stocks: Bharat Iyer, JPMorgan India
- Hyundai, Kia Make Global Top 10 for EV Sales
- Toyota Supra Makes Euro Debut In Geneva As A Sold Out Model
- Suzuki Motorcycle To Test Electric Scooters In India: Possible Launch Next Year
- Cyclone Fani makes landfall in India
- Porsche Mission E Cross Turismo Makes Surprise Debut In Geneva
- Motorsport.com Extends Its Global Footprint With The Launch Of A Polish Language Edition
- Roundup: China's real estate e-platform Fangdd makes Nasdaq debut
- ODI cricket to make USA debut
- Yamaha FZ & FZS-Fi BS6 Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 99,200
- ‘India will share learnings to improve global sanitation: PM Modi gets Goalkeepers Award
- ‘No easy fix to sanitation woes, India an exemplar’: Bill Gates
- Skoda Kamiq Spotted In India Ahead Of Its Debut At 2020 Auto Expo: Spy Pics & Details
- 2020 Skoda Superb Facelift Goes Official With Plug-In Hybrid
New Skoda Slavia Sedan To Make Its Global Debut In India Next Month; Launch In 2022 have 566 words, post on www.carandbike.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.