Man dies after sinopharm shot
vaccines: A 53-year-old man in Pathum Thani died on Friday after receiving a second dose of the Sinopharm vaccine.
Somchai Pramuansab was found dead inside a house in Soi Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok 13 in tambon Prachathipat of Thanyaburi district at 8pm, said Pol Capt Praphan Ruangsuwan, deputy inspector of Pratunam Chulalongkorn police.
Blood was spotted around his nose and mouth.
However, no physical injuries were observed and his property was intact, suggesting no sign of foul play.
Mr Chaliao, the 70-year-old uncle of the dead man, told reporters his nephew was working at a factory in the Rangsit area and was in good health except for high blood pressure.
Somchai received his second dose of the vaccine on Tuesday and later complained about pain in one of his legs, heart palpitations and fatigue before he was found dead, he said.
The body has been sent to Thammasat University Hospital for a post-mortem.
Island bookings see surge
commerce: Koh Samui and other nearby islands in Surat Thani are enjoying the benefits of the tourism reopening plan set for Nov 1, as hotel bookings surge.
More than 1,000 new hotel bookings have been made since Thursday when the government confirmed its plan to reopen the country to tourists on Nov 1.
Supharoek Thongsuk, president of Surat Thani’s tourism industry council, said the sudden surge in bookings was welcome.
Since Surat Thani began implementing its Samui Plus Model on July 15, more than 1,300 tourists have come from Germany, France, Britain, the US, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Hong Kong and Japan, he said.
That brought in more than 85.8 million baht in tourism income.
Loei also ready to reopen
tourism: Loei province plans to launch its own reopening, using the Phuket model, to boost trade activities, while talks have begun over the reopening of the Chiang Khan border crossing with Laos, following the country’s reopening policy.
Deputy Commerce Minister Sinit Lertkrai said yesterday that tourism agencies are encouraging the Chiang Khan move.
Business operators have been instructed to maintain hygiene, as well as looking to new technology to help them catch back up with competition on a global market level.
Apart from the reopening, Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit has issued a policy to expedite the reopening of Thai borders to resume trade activities as soon as possible.
Supervisory measures on merchandise will be imposed at the border, while Laos has also informed Thai agencies to closely exchange information for a resumption of trade activities.
The province’s products will be advertised internationally after the full reopening of the country, in an attempt to stimulate exports, Mr Sinit said.
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, the value of trade at the border was 532.8 million baht. Most trade comprises air-conditioners, plastic pellets and diesel engines.
Late jabs blamed on mix-up
education: The Department of Disease Control clarified yesterday why Pfizer jabs for students at 13 schools in Bangkok have been delayed, saying it was due to a miscommunication.
Director-general Opas Karnkawinpong said their late arrival was not because of a supply shortage, but a lack of coordination in terms of scheduling.
He was responding to reports that City Hall had failed to deliver the jabs on time.
The DDC chief said the vaccines would not be ready for distribution until Monday due to a communication mix-up, but offered reassurances there are now sufficient supplies of Pfizer shots for all students aged 12-17.
- Police: Man Dies After Allegedly Attacking Stranger In Harlem Subway Station, Jumping Onto Tracks
- ‘Neglected’ elderly man dies in Kerala
- Man dies after judge forces clinic to use unproven COVID treatment
- VIDEO: Naked Man Dies After Allegedly Pushing Stranger onto NYC Subway Tracks
- Spanish Porn Star Arrested For Manslaughter After Man Dies From Ingesting Toad Venom
- Man dies during TikTok stunt
- Baton Rouge man dies after crash into St. James Parish bayou
- Man dies, Health Minister says death unrelated to vaccine
- NHS staff made sure man dying of Covid got one last pint of Guinness before he died
- First Storm Ciara death as man dies after car is hit by falling tree
- Coimbatore reports 69 new cases, 103-year-old man dies
- COVID-19 Highlights January 20: Mumbai's recoveries near 19 lakh; Telangana man dies after receiving vaccine
- Homicide suspect at large after man dies two days after being shot
- North Highlands Man Dies After Being Pinned Under SUV
- UK coronavirus daily death rate almost DOUBLES in 24 hours after 828 more die taking total to 17,337
- 'I feel like I've been hit by a train': EMT who gave CPR to man, 69, who died of COVID-19 on United flight has symptoms - as airline says it is not responsible for notifying 179 passengers on the jet
- Army Veteran Recounts Deadly Encounter With Emotionally Disturbed Man Inside New York City Subway Station
- Man beaten up by mob dies in Kasaragod
Man dies after taking Sinopharm have 782 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.