A 26-year-old woman in Lampang died after receiving her first shot of vaccine.
Kanyarat Saengsawang, 26, died on Monday in Muang district after getting her first shot of the Sinovac vaccine on Sept 24 and has had constant critical allergic reactions.
Metikan Insang, 50, her mother, said Ms Kanyarat had a fever, exhaustion and tight chest after her vaccination and her symptoms grew worse.
On the night of Oct 12, she was taken to a hospital, but was asked by staff to return the next day. Two days later, she was hospitalised again, but her condition worsened and she died on Monday. Doctors said she died of infections and low blood pressure.
Ms Metikan blamed the vaccine for her death.
Meanwhile, the Department of Medical Services said the central vaccination centre at Bang Sue Grand Station has opened for vaccination bookings for AstraZeneca booster doses for fully-vaccinated people from Oct 28. It will start giving jabs on Nov 1.
Foreigners can book a cross-jab of Sinovac and AstraZeneca from today to Oct 31 and can receive their shots during that time.
The Covid-19 information centre reported that 68,122,003 doses were rolled out from Feb 28 to Oct 20. By Monday 474,097 people received their first shots, 485,263 received second shots and 35,421 had received their booster doses.
- Gupta: Getting vaccinated against Covid-19 is like PPE at a molecular level
- Doctor who tested Covid-19 vaccines on a thousand volunteers finally gets his shot
- Some Americans should start getting the first Covid-19 vaccine today. It will take months before everyday people get the shots
- Dr. Max’s COVID Vaccine FAQs: Should People With Autoimmune Disorders, Like Lupus, Take The Vaccine? Will People Need A Vaccine Shot Every Year?
- Covid-19 vaccine stickers could encourage people to get vaccinated
- Can your job make you get vaccinated?
- Vaccines are coming. Should pregnant women get the shot?
- Morehouse dean takes vaccine on TV to remove the stigma as some Black Americans remain hesitant to get the shot
- Singer Stella Parton Rips ‘A-Hole’ Politicians ‘Getting Vaccinated While People Are Starving and Dying’
- Nursing home residents will start getting vaccinations this week and Dr Fauci predicts healthy Americans with no underlying conditions could get shots as early as March
- Kamala Harris says she wants Republicans who were skeptical about COVID to get vaccine despite backlash at anti-mask and anti-lockdown lawmakers being first in line
- Dr. Max’s COVID Vaccine FAQs: What Happens If You Don’t Get The Second Dose Of Vaccine? Could There Be A Spike In False Positive COVID Tests As People Get Vaccinated?
- "Healing is coming": U.S. health workers start getting vaccine
- ‘Healing is coming’: US health workers start getting vaccine
- Mike Pence, Joe Biden to get vaccine to build public confidence in shot
- Joe and Jill Biden will get vaccine on Monday in Delaware as Nancy Pelosi follows Mike Pence in getting first round of shots
- Surgeon general cites antibody treatment for Trump's delay in getting vaccine
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan: Indians might get first COVID-19 vaccine shot in January
Lampang woman dies after getting vaccine shot have 483 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.