Joe Biden discusses ‘avoiding’ questions during school visit
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
US President Joe Biden visited a New Jersey preschool where he tried to sell his “Build Back Better” plan to the class who were simply not interested in the American head of state. Mr Biden walked around the class, telling some students he enjoyed Lego as they did, but many continued with their play without taking much notice. Mr Biden then bizarrely walked to the front of the class and complained to the kids, who are likely no older than five, he was followed around by journalists all the time and often had to think of ways to avoid answering their questions.
Mr Biden entered the class and asked how the students were but many were too busy playing with their Lego to answer him.
The Democrat leader walked around and tried interacting with the preschoolers but was struggling to get much response.
However, one girl was distracted enough by Mr Biden that her tower of Lego fell down.
Mr Biden told her: “I’m sorry. That was my fault. I made you look up.”
Joe Biden confided in the preschoolers with his media problems (Image: RNC Research)
Joe Biden was promoting his Build Back Better plan (Image: Getty)
One child showed the President a drawing with another showing off their shirt which read “Future President”.
But Mr Biden strangely walked to the front of the class and desperately tried to engage with the class of children by putting in a dig towards attending reporters.
He said: “You know, when you’re president, you know all these people here?
“They’re with you all the time and they get to ask you all types of questions and you try to figure out how you can avoid answering them.”
Joe Biden's ratings 'could go lower' says Jason Miller
The young children were not interested in what Joe Biden had to say (Image: RNC Research)
Most of the children were not even staring at Mr Biden when he made the comment.
At a second preschool visit, Mr Biden was more successful with children giving his fist bumps and actively engaging with him.
Mr Biden visited New Jersey to promote his infrastructure plan and to throw his support behind the local Democrat candidate.
The President’s comments come after journalists have accused him of actively avoiding reporters.
Mr Biden has only held a handful of press conferences since taking office with the New York Post reporting he has only held 16 interviews in total since taking office.
DON’T MISS Joe Biden slammed for giving only SIXTEEN interviews in 9-months [INSIGHT] Donald Trump WILL run for US presidency in 2024 says insider [COMMENT] Biden issues unprecedented military vow against China over Taiwan [REVEAL]
Joe Biden has been attacked for avoiding media scrutiny (Image: Getty)
By comparison, Donald Trump held 82 and Barack Obama held 131 at the same point in their presidency.
During Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s visit to the Oval Office, reporters were quickly ushered out by handlers once the Prime Minister answered his questions.
White House correspondents were furious at the move and lodged a formal complaint with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki.
Mr Biden also met with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres several weeks ago where the US head of state reaffirmed the close relationship between America and the global body.
But reporters were aggressively ushered out of the room after some began questioning Mr Biden about the migrant crisis happening in the US.
Handlers were captured on video pushing reporters out of the room and shouting over them so their questions could not reach Mr Biden.
- Omarosa cuts off 'Today' appearance, tells Savannah Guthrie to 'calm down' during bizarre interview
- Ex-Sheriff Joe 'I Was Duped' Arpaio Is Mentally Unfit for U.S. Senate
- Joe Arpaio Films Video With Former Cult Member 'Michael the Black Man' at Border
- Silver Lake Trader Joe’s reopens but apprehension and anxiety linger after manager’s death
- Who Set Jessica Chambers On Fire? The Internet Is Trying To Find Out
- 'It sure didn't look good': Joe Arpaio responds to Sacha Baron Cohen interview
- 'Sleepin' Joe' hears alarm bells in Indiana Senate brawl
- Readers sound off on the Yankees, Joe Girardi and Christopher Columbus
- He Solved The DNC Hack. Now He's Telling His Story For The First Time.
- Family members mourn victims killed in mass shooting as law enforcement ups ante for answers
- FBI didn’t tell U.S. targets as Russian hackers hunted emails
- The Greed Report: Want to lead a secret life? Take these tips from the pros
- I’m Coping With Cancer by Reporting On It
- Oct. 1 video shows Las Vegas police trying to evacuate Jason Aldean
- Prosecutor: Tom Capano tried to take a hit out on me
- It’s Democrat Day at the Illinois State Fair, but only a Madigan morning
- A fraying marriage of Mayo scientists, a bullet-riddled body, a trail of questions
- Fox News Power Rankings: Candidates still count
Joe Biden tells bored preschoolers he tries to ‘avoid answering’ reporters in bizarre clip have 968 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.