Max Verstappen says he is not participating in the upcoming edition of Netflix series Drive to Survive.
Advert | Become a Supporter & go ad-free
The world championship leader told the Associated Press the programme makers "would fake a lot of stuff" based on his experience of contributing to past seasons.
"They faked a few rivalries which they don't really exist," said Verstappen. "So I decided to not be a part of it and did not give any more interviews after that because then there is nothing you can show.
"I am not really a dramatic show kind of person, I just want facts and real things to happen."
Last year the Red Bull driver complained about his depiction in the original, 2019 season of Drive to Survive .
"The problem is they will always position you in a way they want, so whatever you say, they will try to make you look reckless or trying to make you… whatever fits the story of the series," he said at the time.
"So I never really liked that. I prefer to just have a one-on-one interview to the person who would like to know me."
The fourth season of Drive to Survive, following the events of the 2021 championship, is due for release early next year.
Don’t miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2021 F1 season
- Stroll was 'innocent victim of a clumsy lunge by Latifi' at first corner
- Sainz admits he let Ricciardo pass him by mistake on lap one
- Red Bull's United States GP win 'a big one at a Hamilton stronghold'
- Red Bull were "quicker on all tyres" in Austin heat, says Hamilton
- How Sainz obeyed order to let Norris past, then re-passed him, in "clever" unseen move
- No Future
- Calendar for February 16
- Road to Recovery: Drugs took their children, but not their hope that others might be saved
- List of All 165 'Game of Thrones' Characters Who Have Died Before Season 8 Premiere
- Ten Years Later, “The Dark Knight” and Its Vision of Guilt Still Resonate
- Will Hurd Has Defied Both Liberals and Donald Trump. Is He the Future of the GOP, or a Party of One?
- Special Report: Beto O'Rourke's secret membership in a legendary hacking group
- Beto O’Rourke’s secret membership in America’s oldest hacking group
- Concert announcements for Phoenix: Luke Bryan, the Head and the Heart
- Concert announcements for Phoenix: Khalid, Yes, Alejandro Sanz, Luke Bryan
- Assange Has Been Arrested for US Extradition : Indybay
- Concert announcements for Phoenix: Wayne Newton reschedules; Bad Bunny, Kansas
- Concert announcements for Phoenix: Mary J. Blige, Nas, Jackie Evancho
- Nicole Lovell murder: Was a Virginia teen lured to her death through a smartphone app?
- ‘Game of Thrones' Direwolves: Where Are the Stark Pets and Which Are Still Alive?
- No Longer a Hater: The Long, Strange Journey of Megan Phelps-Roper
- Alberto Gutman, popular Miami state lawmaker who went to prison, dies at 60
F1: Verstappen refuses to join in "fake" Drive to Survive series · RaceFans have 519 words, post on www.racefans.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.