The first game of the World Series may not have ended in the Astros favor , but we did all win in one very important way: free tacos.
Taco Bell brought back its “Steal a Base, Steal a Taco” World Series promotion, and we didn’t have to wait long thanks to Atlanta Braves second baseman Ozzie Albies, who took second base during the top of the first inning of Game 1. Now on Nov. 4, anyone in America can claim one free Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco at any participating Taco Bell, in-store, online or in the app.
— Taco Bell (@tacobell) October 27, 2021
But is Taco Bell really the best place to get a taco in Houston? No. Absolutely not. So here are four much better taco joints to stop at to sate your hunger after you claim your single free taco.
The barbacoa at Tacos La Bala will make you forget all about that Dorito-dusted taco shell. Plu,s with eight locations across Houston, they’re almost as easy to find as Taco Bell.
Tacos start at $1.99, Multiple locations
Ninfa’s tacos al carbón helped launch a national fajita craze. I guess Taco Bell has launched its own crazes—the chain’s Gordita Crunch continues to own a special place in the heart of Americans—but their effect is simply not to the scale that Ninfa’s.
Tacos al carbón start at $16, 2704 Navigation Blvd.
Does Taco Bell have a secret mezcal bar behind it? No? Exactly. Sadly, Nov. 4 is a Thursday, which means Cantina Barba’s Monday birria taco special isn’t available. Still, its regular menu will do just fine.
Tacos start at $3, 3701 N. Main St.
The simple but delicious tacos, tortas and gorditas outside of West Alabama Ice House make this one of the most popular food trucks in the city. But do remember, it’s cash only.
Tacos start at $1.50, 2003 West Alabama St.
- Taco Tuesday: 16 Fun Toppings And Recipes To Make Your Tacos Healthy And Tasty!
- Two days after Hurricane Laura, a McDonald's business owner gave away 10,000 free meals from a portable restaurant
- A pandemic, a motel without power and a potentially terrifying glimpse of Orlando's future
- Chef David Chang Talks Netflix’s ‘Ugly Delicious’ and Why Food Is ‘One of the Last Bastions’ of Racism
- Mid-pandemic, wildly popular Bay Area pop-up finally opens a brick-and-mortar
- Demi Lovato fell in love with now-fiance Max Ehrich the night she met him... as singer reveals they went into lockdown together one week after they started dating
- Brady’s 1st game with Bucs ends in 34-23 loss at New Orleans
- FMIA Week 6: Ryan Tannehill, Titans Are Changing The Narrative In AFC
- 51 Easy Kitchen Hacks That Will Change Your Life
- NFL live stream: how to watch every game of the 2020/21 season from anywhere
- FMIA Week 7: A Strange Day in NFL, and Why Bucs Signed Antonio Brown
- Lone Star Crazy: How Right-Wing Extremists Took Over Texas
- Floyd Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- All three Nick's close, and other permanent restaurant closures
- FMIA Week 4: 2020 NFL Weirdness Continues With Postponed Games, Positive Tests And, Oh Yeah, Football
- The best iPhone apps (October 2020)
- Texans vs Chiefs live stream: how to watch NFL 2020 season opener on TV and online now
- Who won the debate
Don't settle for a free Taco Bell taco, try these Houston favorites instead have 601 words, post on www.chron.com at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.