In the 2000s, BMW famously released The Hire series of short films starring Clive Owen as the ultimate driver for hire. A new ad for BMW Service tells the opposite story by showing that the iX3 is a terrible getaway car.
The ad opens with a trio of bank robbers escaping with bags of money. As they leave the building, their getaway driver in an E36 generation 3 Series pulls away without them. Instead, the group’s only choice is to get into a nearby iX3.
Gallery: 2022 BMW iX3
However, the iX3 driver doesn’t want to be part of this crime. He remains stationary even after the robbers throw fistfuls of cash at him. Then, one of the dye packs goes off in a spray of bright pink into a crook’s face. The driver offers the guy a tissue to clean off. The cops then show up to bring the heist to an end.
BMW Service’s message in the video description is “no matter how bizarre, funny, dangerous, or emotional, we’re here to help.”
The BMW iX3:
BMW recently updated the iX3 . The aesthetic tweaks include enlarging the grille openings and making the headlights slightly smaller. The taillights have different graphics and black surrounds. Inside, there’s a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and an infotainment screen that’s the same size.
It retains the same powertrain. An electric motor at the rear axle makes 282 horsepower (210 kilowatts) and 295 pound-feet (400 Newton-meters) of torque. The iX3 gets to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 6.8 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 112 mph (180 km/h).
The system gets power from an 80-kilowatt-hour battery (74 kWh usable) that can cover 286 miles (460 kilometers) in the WLTP test. When fast charging at 150 kW, the vehicle can regain 62 miles (100 kilometers) of range in 10 minutes.
- BMW X8 M trademarked: New performance SUV in the works?
- Room to roam: The supersized X7 is unlike any BMW you’ve ever seen
- Rivian won’t start delivering its electric pickup truck until 2021
- Kia Soul EV Wins The ‘2020 World Urban Car Of The Year’ Award
- BMW Group and Daimler AG join forces for expanded transportation services
- 2019 BMW M2 Competition coming this summer with more horses and torque
- Is the Self-Driving Car Un-American?
- EICMA Motorcycle Show To Run As Scheduled Between 5 And 8 November 2020
- Don’t want to visit a dealership? Buy a car online and have it delivered
- Car journeys plunge by 80% on Easter Sunday while police force reports lowest traffic levels since the 1950s with Britons staying off the roads during lockdown
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2017: The sexiest supercars and craziest concept cars – plus all the latest news from Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar and more
- This week in Auto: Will COVID-19 dash electric vehicle plans? Bajaj-KTM to make e-mopeds
- Jeep to expand SUV lineup, bringing in five new vehicles including facelifted Compass
- Ola Launches ‘Emergency Services’ In Bangalore For Non-Coronavirus Patients During Lockdown
- The 2020 World Car of the Year awards are out, and the winner is…
- F1’s biggest celebrity fans from Cameron Diaz to Leo DiCaprio and Kit Harington… and the cars they drive themselves
- New BMW 4 Series Coupe Could Debut In June, But Only Online
- 2021 BMW 5 Series Rendering Imagines The Subtle Facelift
BMW Service Ad Shows iX3 Electric SUV Is A Terrible Getaway Car have 557 words, post on www.motor1.com at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.